• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what is your belt?

Souldburned

Orange Belt in American Kenpo, test this wednesday for Purple. Been at it for about 9months. The test should be fun as it will be my 2nd pannel test with at least 4 black belts grading.

"It's not whos right, but whos left!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself am A whitebelt. After 8 months I am still a whitebelt. I am really strgulling with injuring people in sparring. I still receive advanced training for higher belts (yellow and somewhat higher), but when it comes to sparring I throw my technique, my speedn and accuracy away and just let them have a hayday on me.(( Any tips on this would rock thanks.))

Just thought I would throw this in there because it's quit and accomplishment.

1Year ago or so my Sensei got his 9th dan blackbelt.

And about 7 months ago his daughter won the world championship at 18.

Needing to focus...

I myself am A whitebelt. After 8 months I am still a whitebelt. I am really strgulling with injuring people in sparring. I still receive advanced training for higher belts (yellow and somewhat higher), but when it comes to sparring I throw my technique, my speedn and accuracy away and just let them have a hayday on me.(( Any tips on this would rock thanks.))

Just thought I would throw this in there because it's quit and accomplishment.

1Year ago or so my Sensei got his 9th dan blackbelt.

And about 7 months ago his daughter won the world championship at 18.

for control, practice slow randuri, it's a slow, light contact form of sparring, it will force you to slow down and examine your techniques as well as control your force (not usually done with pads)

"No matter how you may excel in the art of

Karate, and in your scholastic endeavors, nothing is more important than your behavior and your humanity as observed in daily life."

~ Master Gichin Funakoshi

I'm a black stripe testing for my first dan in 10 days.

"No matter how you may excel in the art of

Karate, and in your scholastic endeavors, nothing is more important than your behavior and your humanity as observed in daily life."

~ Master Gichin Funakoshi

I'm a 3rd Dan black belt in Shotokan Karate

I have been trainig since I was six

"There are no limitations only plateux, and once you reach them you must not stay there."

--Bruce Lee

blue belt, but im very advanced because of a huge break in my studies. my sensei went on vacation over the last month and a half :b. since then i've been working on kanku sho, kanku dai, saifa,hangetsu, gankaku, and the tekki katas. internet's my teacher for now i guess :b.

"Karate is an art. It must be regarded as such with its entirety of philosophical thought and development of the mind in harmony with the body. If it isn't thought of this way it is valueless. It is like eating only the bitter skin of the apple while leaving the sweet inner meat untasted. It is this crucial premise that is being overlooked today, and if the tide is not turned, I must predict the demise of the art. "

-Isao Obata