• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why won't my gi stay shut??

Highler

I've found that lightweight uniforms (cheaper ones, especially) that have troubles staying tied shut, can be helped by a spraying of the ties with some starch. This will give the strings a bit more tack, and could possibly hold things together a bit better.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, I'm getting a new lightweight uniform soon and want to avoid the limpness my previous one had. I've had bad experiences with starching shirts with spray-on starch in the past. What specific brands do people use, ahow heavy/thick do you spray it on?

Thank a lot!

I spray tons of starch on my gi when I'm ironing it for competition or special training use (e.g. seminars, demo's). You probably shouldn't use as much as I do (:D) but I've found that the more I use, the better results I get. The best way to avoid that 'limpness', however, is to buy a heavier/thinker gi.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Why do schools make people wear gis anyway? A muscle man shirt that says hard rock cafe on it and some cool black sweat pants would be more comfortable and look cooler.

Why do schools make people wear gis anyway? A muscle man shirt that says hard rock cafe on it and some cool black sweat pants would be more comfortable and look cooler.

And thats how you transform a martial artist into a thug

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike