Highler

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i'm going tonight and apart from sticking velcro bits on i don't really know what else to try.

I tried last time tying the belt tight and the jacket still comes loose so i'll try it a bit looser tonight but make sure the ties on the jacket are proper TIGHT!

'The cat taught the tiger everything he knows. One day the tiger turned on the cat and the cat ran up a tree. That was the one thing the cat never taught the tiger.'

Sweet let us know how it turns out.

I see your a purple belt now, you're getting good at this :D

Well it wasn't so bad last night, i started looking at everyone elses gi to see if it was just me but there were a few other guys whose jackets were hanging out too.

I don't think it's anything wrong with my gi cos i have noticed it's worse when we have a more demanding session with people grabbing it etc so i'm gonna wait and see if it still happens in an easier class (if there is such a thing!)

I also noticed other people had their belts lower than mine which sits above my waist so i tied it a bit lower and it helped a bit. :D

Anyway, i've just realised how trivial this whole thread has been so i think i'll just stop worrying about it and get on with it

Thanks to all who replied :)

'The cat taught the tiger everything he knows. One day the tiger turned on the cat and the cat ran up a tree. That was the one thing the cat never taught the tiger.'

• 2 weeks later...

I wear a lightweight GI with a T-shirt underneath, that seemed to make it less bothersome for me when my GI would open up. Otherwise I don't have to worry about it too much :)

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

I used to have trouble with my t-shirt riding up inside my gi. Fixed that by tucking it in. Anyway, I just broke one of the strings on my gi in a grappling session. Turns out it stays better with only the inner tie tied. And it's a lot easier to straighten when it does come up. =:-}

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

I've always found that, for me, lightweight gi tend to move about more than heavy or medium weight ones. That's one of the reasons that I won't go back to wearing a lightweight gi (unless Britain is having one of its very very very rare hot days!).

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 3 weeks later...
When i tie my gi i tie those little straps on the inside to keep the jacket shut and tie my belt tight.

But...when i start warm up and stretching etc, the front starts opening up and looks very untidy and i'm constantly fidgeting with it and tightening my belt. Does this happen to anyone else??

It might be because i only have a lightweight suit and it's nothing flashy just a basic gi.

Any ideas?

The same thing happens to me in the middle of warm ups! Ya, I know, it's embarissing

KarateKid101

"The answers to life aren't in the back of the book"

- Charlie Brown

That always happens to me. I don't worry about it any more, though it really annoyed me when i first got my gi. But now I notice that almost everyone has to adjust their gi once in a while. If you're moving, your gi is going to move. Adjust it whenever you have a break. The more I wear mine, the better it seems to behave.

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.