• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi, just another human

spinninggumby

Hello everyone. I am 22 yrs old 5'9 125-130 lbs black hair brown eyes and I live in Seattle, WA. This seems like a great place for everyone to share ideas and perspectives without too much flaming. I am relatively new to the net. I got into Aikido when I was 6 years old but I quit after 8 or 9 years due to homework in high school. After high school I began training in a traditional kung fu school. The material was covered very thoroughly and I was able to receive and become exposed to weapons, grappling, forms, as well as the usual kicking and punching. However, I was looking for something more specific and I did not like the school's extensive focus on self-defense. After leaving class each night with bruises for a few years, I found that I was more partial to the demonstrative and beauty of the martial arts so I transferred to a wushu school and got into taekwondo. I have a very open view towards martial arts in general and I am fortunate to have been exposed to so many different things. and I do not believe that any one art is superior to another, and even though I do not value the self-defense (and the original purpose) aspect of martial arts as much as the others, that is just my personal opinion. I look forward to meeting and hearing the different feedback from everyone on this board. One of the best things I like about martial arts is that the more experience I get, the more I still feel like a beginner :bawling: :lol:

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the boards spinninggumby :nod:

:wave:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"