• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which is more popular TSD or TWD?

Which general style do you practice? TSD? Or TKD?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which general style do you practice? TSD? Or TKD?

• TSD
    • TKD

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I actually did both (TSD first). But as a guess, I think TKD is more popular on this forum (this is only out of the Korean styles).

I picked TSD because I fell in love with the school I attended, not just the style. The people were great, the instructor was great, and the workouts were tough. My instructor mixed in other styles as well.

I do TKD now because I moved. I couldn't find a TSD school close (most are 3 hours away), so I wanted a style similar to TSD. So I picked TKD.

Laurie F

Neither, I've never practiced either of them.

However, if I had to guess, I would say Tang Soo Do. It apparently has more of the grappling techniques I like in Kuk Sool Won.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Rock On! TSD is the only MA i got serious in. My first MA was a generic karate school. I was 8 and fat.... but now i'm 19 and still fat... but i got the discipline to stick with it this time!! The Dans in TSD are also really cool. Except the one that kicked me in the face.... oh i'll get him...::shakes fist:: (jk - A little passive aggressive) The forms are cool, sparring is great, and i'm actually learning it and i feel great afterwords...

Strength is no match for skill

Rock On! TSD is the only MA i got serious in. My first MA was a generic karate school. I was 8 and fat.... but now i'm 19 and still fat... but i got the discipline to stick with it this time!! The Dans in TSD are also really cool. Except the one that kicked me in the face.... oh i'll get him...::shakes fist:: (jk - A little passive aggressive) The forms are cool, sparring is great, and i'm actually learning it and i feel great afterwords...

Just out of curiousity, where did/do you train TSD?

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

Just out of curiousity, where did/do you train TSD?

I train at the PKSA Karate School in Grand Blanc Michigan, i am currently a TSDMDK student...

Strength is no match for skill

My original style was TSD-it is what ignited my passion for the martial arts. I have since done 3 variations of TKD and I find them all to share similarities with TSD-some more than others depending on the syle of the instructor. If you watch me spar or do poomse and you were familiar with the differences between TSD and TKD you would be able to see that I was "patterned" by TSD but am able to compliment both styles. My belief is that ALL syles of martial arts share the same techniques, theories and knowledge, and that eventually they all come together, however, the journey to get there is different for each style-the path taking a different route to the top of the mountain for each one.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/