• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate VS Bear?

Shorinryu Sensei

Yeah its definitely the 4 month sleep. I mean, anything that can sleep for 4 months then wake up and not lose any strength or endurance... Come on, how could you not be envious?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Yeah its definitely the 4 month sleep. I mean, anything that can sleep for 4 months then wake up and not lose any strength or endurance... Come on, how could you not be envious?

Actually, they wake up groggy, disoriented, grouchy, hungry and generally not in a good mood. I would surmise they are fairly weak also from lack of eating for so long, but not so weak that they can't still defend themselves quite well. The first thing they do is start looking for food. Just about anything edible will do. You don't generally want to run into a bear at this time. The local ski hill here (Big Mountain) closes down about the time the bears are expected to come out of hibernation every year, because they don't want any skiiers running into them.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

mmmm.... very good to know. How long does it take for them to get back to full strength?

I suppose it depends on the availability of food and how far they have to go to get it. Around here they eat bugs, any berries, "winter kill" (animals that died over the winter...deer, elk, etc.), garbage..just about anything edible really. Bears are scavengers, not hunters normally. They can't catch a healthy deer or elk. Male bears, particularily grizz, have been known to kill young cubs and eat them, but only if they wander to far from their moms. Female grizz with cubs are INCREDIBLY dangerous to be around. Not so noble, huh?

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"