• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does your religion effect your martial arts?

Shotochem, is your class held next to the U.N.? :lol:

J/K, it sounds like you've got one of the most diverse classes I've ever heard of. Something I'd expect to hear from N.Y.

God bless America!

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shotochem, is your class held next to the U.N.? :lol:

J/K, it sounds like you've got one of the most diverse classes I've ever heard of. Something I'd expect to hear from N.Y.

God bless America!

It's funny I really did not think much about the diversity of our fellow members until the topic came up. :D It really isn't an issue. When you live in NY is just the norm. :D

If only it worked that way in the middle east. :roll:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

You can do anything religiously. The fact is that there should be a relationship with Christ/God. Theres nothing religious about that. We workout and train religiously.

But we are to serve and love God in the greatest type of relationship.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

"You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

You can do anything religiously. The fact is that there should be a relationship with Christ/God. Theres nothing religious about that. We workout and train religiously.

But we are to serve and love God in the greatest type of relationship.

I aggree as long as you keep in mind that MA is for defence only,not for some kind of (want to be king) on friday night out.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

once when i was in wichita (a city in kansas) i made my mouthly visit to the tempel there and one of the monks asked me what i want to do with my life. when i told him i want to be a MMA fighter he gave me a little talk about violence (after i expained what MMA is) when i told him that i would try to donate my hopeful future winnings to charity they where ok with it.

Fist visible Strike invisible

I was raised Roman Catholic as well, I also believe in a higher power greater than myself, I would say that it's more of a spiritual aspect as opposed to religous based ideology. I medicate...I mean meditate every day to help me be a better human being :)

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

I believe in God and all. But I'm not what you call a "practicing Christian" (sorry my spelling stinks. I'm sleepy). One thing my pastor said when I was a kid that I totally believe is that going to church doesn't make you a Christian, just like going to McDonalds doesn't make you a hamburger.

I pray regularly, but my martial arts isn't a religion, it's an addiction LOL. I'm just glad that addiction wasn't crack or something (sorry, bad joke). I do thank God for that :) Oh, I was baptized as a baptist, anyways (s or z .... sorry, I need sleep. night all).

Laurie F

I am a christian, but you could say my church is alot different from most, our morning sermons usually are made up of people jumping out of wheel chairs cause' they can walk again, or people crying out to God because there tumor dissappeared. Our church works deeply in the gifts(prophetic arts, healing, intercession, ect...) and ministry/outreach. I have painted prophetically before and it was totaly God because I can not paint the slightest bit, in fact I didn't even know what I was painting until it was done...but anyway Im getting off topic. My point is, I belive God blesses/annoints those who are in him who devote themselves to a skill or the arts. There is a verse in the bible somewhere that says "Everything you do, do in christ and you shall be blessed"(Something along those lines). God will give you things you never dreamed of having or thinking of if you work something and acknowledge him as the creater of it, even exceptional MA skills... :D

Of course, I'm nowhere near the point where I understand what I just said and have applied in practice, but I belive in it whole-heartedly and it's one of my larged goals in life to seek it. :)

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

Faith, belief, and love of God will allow his spirit to flow on us.

As Morpheous says, "Everything begins with choice."

The choice to walk out on that limb and allow God to lead your life won't cost you anything.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

"You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."