• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
I think monkey is a really great style but seriously I have never seen it in real sparring actions, how does it really works and is it really effective?

Look up the final fu, jonathan phan actually uses it. Its pretty funny to see the other guy get nervous and confused. :P

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

In our style we have a monkey form and learn a lot of monkey techniques. Monkey is mostly ground fighting. It teaches you to fight from on your back and also how to take fights to the ground. It also teaches you how to roll as well. Its not as silly looking as people think. Its actually a very very brutal style of kung fu. Its hard to defend against because its unorthodox. But you have to have strong quads because your are mostly in very low stances. One thing you don't want to do against someone who is fighting like a monkey is kick at them. They will catch your leg, break it, throw you down, then break something else.....

• 2 months later...
In our style we have a monkey form and learn a lot of monkey techniques. Monkey is mostly ground fighting. It teaches you to fight from on your back and also how to take fights to the ground. It also teaches you how to roll as well. Its not as silly looking as people think. Its actually a very very brutal style of kung fu. Its hard to defend against because its unorthodox. But you have to have strong quads because your are mostly in very low stances. One thing you don't want to do against someone who is fighting like a monkey is kick at them. They will catch your leg, break it, throw you down, then break something else.....
Exactly, you better have good legs. great for us shorter guys !

Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way !