• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what type of things do people do in monkey kungfu, I once heard that you learn to clime things like a monkey like clime up a pole or staff and stay up there without it falling down with you on it :o

doese anyone here do it or know anything about it :-? :-?

PEACE :karate: :D :) :( :cry: :roll: :P

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes, I at least know that you are taught to climb a spear and be able to sit on the top with out it falling over. I have a video I bought of shaolin martial arts as a theater performance called Wheel Of Life. There are no words, just awesome Shaolin martial arts, including a monkey style segment.

There will always be the Jackie Chans and Jet Li's who will come along and dazzle us with their screen antics. But Bruce Lee was a seeker of knowledge, a true master of the fighting arts and philosophy.

Shaolin again?

I dont want to say anything about this,

traditionally, Shaolin do have Monkey style.

But now, many animal style in Shaolin is newly

composited with many nonesense movement

and have no relation with real combat.

For example, Eagle Boxing for that type may have

two arm up to pretend the eagle wing.

Real Eagle boxing is kind of boxing involve

capturing skill. But that stance seem like to

be captured :kaioken:

Real monkey boxing exist in many different schools,

But usually may involve ground fighting,

scissor leg and etc.

Darkness grants me pair of dark black eye,

Yet I determine to look for Brightness

• 2 weeks later...
what type of things do people do in monkey kungfu, I once heard that you learn to clime things like a monkey like clime up a pole or staff and stay up there without it falling down with you on it :o

doese anyone here do it or know anything about it :-? :-?

PEACE :karate: :D :) :( :cry: :roll: :P

Hi folks, i was looking for some monkey stuff on the internet. And found this topic. Let me clear up some myths here, How Chuen, or Monkeykungfu DOES NOT involve any climbing as far as i know.

It's a southern style kungfu.

It relies on fast movements, it likes to imitate other animals(like tiger, or crane or dragon)but because it's not comfortable with that it mostly returns to it's own patterns. It's mostly quick and playfull movements.

Fast kicks, fast work with your hands. and everything is really short range. But in case that we have to defend ourselfs in an open field we rely on Dragon movements wich the monkey imitates.

There are people who teach some kind of monkeykungfu like paulie zink in the USA. I don't know what's original, my Sifu says that the way he teaches us is the original style. i'm only practicing for a year now. Anyways, we don't have much rolling over the ground, actually, i've got green belt and never saw one rolling over the ground. But there are many different styles out there, and it could be that there is a "small monkey" and a "big monkey". I once heard him talk about it. But than again, i have MUCH to learn so it could be that there is some rolling involved somehow. I hope i could've answered some questions for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some interesting information on monkey kung fu in the USA:

http://www.TSPK.com/english/fake_monkey_kungfu.htm

Also some good information:

http://www.TSPK.com

Small boy with staff demonstrating Monkey style in photos:

http://www.shaolinwushu.ca/calgary.html