• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chinese Kung Fu population

In Hong Kong, I think no doubt if only counting Chinese Kung Fu

in 2005, Wing Chun should have over 80% or more.

(Not counting Karate, TKD, Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ)

But in the past, I mean before 1973.

Choy Lee Fut got over 80%

Even Tai Chi, Hung Gar, Ba Meil, White Crane, Dragon stance, Praying Mantis and etc have more students than Wing Chun

What is Chinese Kung Fu population in your cities? :brow:

Darkness grants me pair of dark black eye,

Yet I determine to look for Brightness

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is your city?

What is your country?

Thanks! :brow:

City: You've never heard of it, nor would you regognise it.

Region: Scandinavia.

I even dont know this is in Europe, Africa or America

In the U.S. there is an average of 1% of the population known to take some form of martial arts. About 1% of that percentage are black belts.

Just a fun fact, if my Sifu is correct...

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

surprisingly about a good 45-50% of the people i have met take or have taken some form of MAs. in my county i'd say maybe 5% of the pop. takes a MA

"You cannot mean what you say unless you say what you mean" --me

i'd say a good 50% of people who say they've done a martial art are talking moo droppings.

how many times have you seen a guy come into your place of training claiming this and that but they can't even stand properly?

anyway.

not sure in london.

martial arts aren't that big as there aren't any real big tournaments and the ones that do go on are normally rather closed to non members. my old wing chun class consisted of thirty people, another class i went to had about 15 regulars. there's maybe 20 wing chun schools in london that i know of. the numbers dont work out to be anything substantial compared to the likes of karate, judo (because of the olympics...), tkd, tai chi (of one sort or another).

as for the other chinese styles, their numbers are even smaller. for example i know of one school that only has one class in the whole of the M25 area. at a guess, i'd say the biggest numbers would be found in the kick-boxing (including thai-boxing) and the boxing gyms.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

I'd say about 5% of the population of the UK practice or have trained in a martial art. Karate, Kickboxing, Boxing and TKD are the most popular in the UK I'd say.

If you included all the people who train in "Tai Chi" then the figure would be higher - "Tai Chi" is popular in the UK as one of the alternatives to yoga and pilates.

I put the name in " and " because what most of those folk train in won't actually be 'real', martial Tai Chi - just something they're learning from someone who went on a weekend course... I'm sure you know the sort of "Tai Chi" that I mean...

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!