• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favorite Kung Fu style

i) the 'sparring' he won was a two man sparring form. it is still a performance. it wasn't true free sparring.

ii) in china when you say 'wushu' (mandarin) you are talking about a very specific thing, that being the national sport wushu.

as i keep saying, you WILL always refer to your style by name, NEVER by 'wushu'.

a hung kuen student would never say he does wushu.

a choy li fut student would never say he does wushu.

a tai chi student would never sau he does wushu.

now in cantonese, 'wushu' (actually, it'll be 'mo-shu') would mean any martial art. in that case, the chinese national sport wushu would be called 'jung kwok mo shu' (chinese wushu).

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, I love Choy Lay Fut the most since I do it. However, I also enjoy watching others, especially Dragon, Southern/Northern Praying Mantis, and Hung Gar.

Monkey style and drunken styles are definately the most entertaining to watch, but when it comes to practicallity, I favor my art the most... :D

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

I dont think really like choy lay fut because of the way it is used in a fight.In the other hand i love white crane beacuse it is enertaining and affective in a fight . Training in white crane also combins strength, flexbility, horse stand......ect so it is a great art

list of favorites

white crane

snake

northern fist

n others..

Zhu Hu Drangon Lion Kung Fu & Sports Asst.

http://www.geocities.com/zhusifu/

http://www.whitecrane.ws/

I dont think really like choy lay fut because of the way it is used in a fight.In the other hand i love white crane beacuse it is enertaining and affective in a fight . Training in white crane also combins strength, flexbility, horse stand......ect so it is a great art

list of favorites

white crane

snake

northern fist

n others..

I hope you're not imply that CLF is ineffective in any way are you???

I hope you don't take my question the wrong way I'm not angry just curious. Do you find the style ineffective, or philosophically not to your liking???

Thanks.

Choy Li Fut is my favorite style. Or eagle claw.

Fortunately for you, I brought an entire bucket of STFU!