Dbzhub

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't worry about what kind of shape your in to start! That's what the first few belts are for...... working on flexability and getting into shape. Once you get into it you will love it :up:

keep your hands up!!

Yep, I agree!!! I started at age 29 and have been doing it for 2 years or so and am in the best shape of my life!! Woo hoo!!! Uh, 14 is young by the way!! You could train to be a world champion if you wanted to, you are that young!!

Lori :wave:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

KICKBUTT..your a great inspiration.and have a good outlook. :nod:...good for you and keep it up. :up:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

The only person holding you back is yourself. Did I say that already? Anyway, limits are usually given to people from the inside. You can do whatever you want, you just have to go out and do it.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Yeah, a lot of people are afraid to go out and do stuff because they don't want to be seen as inferior to anyone or something. If i had thought that way a year ago then i'd still be a blob!

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It is never too late to start karate again.I practiced karate when I was 14. After three years I left the practices. At the age of 26 I start to develope a condition that impulse me to go to the doctor. He told me that I need to practice a sport. I decided to start karte again. After six years of practice I became a black belt and now I'm Shotokan Karate Instructor. Do not let that anybody decide by yourself. Just do that your heart is telling you. One of the Dojo Kun or Karate Philosophy means is " Be effort" So keep on the track and take the better decission for you. Oss

Att: William Carreras, Sensei

You are not too old and not to out of shape. Just

start off easy then work yourself up to the rest. I was in terrible shape when I started and a lot older. Dont compare yourself to others just do the best you can do and improve over yourself.

Good Luck and have FUN!!!

:up: :up: :up:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.