• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

straight punches or kicks.

what to do against straight punches. Just slap them out of the way and counter with what you've be learning to do. your just redirecting there energy away from you.

kicks are easy to defend yourself.

a front kick...just side step at the last second and grab his leg with your arm and with the other arm just pull him down. i dont think one leg will hold all the body weight.

if he kicks with a side kick or a roundhouse just grab the kick with an arm under and the other up to protect your face and when the kick lands bring him down and break his ankle with an ankle lock. only in a dangerous situation.

Even the most powerful human being has a limited sphere of strength. Draw him outside of that sphere and into your own, and his strength will dissipate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

some boxers i know have a mean jab/cross if you try to slap them out of the way you get hit with the cross.

as for kicks being easey to defend if you keep them low (knee, shin, groin) they are not that easy to grab more so when the snap the kick back.

and not to pry but how long have you been studying aikido?

Fist visible Strike invisible

quite a while now. i was going at a boxing gym also but not anymore. now for the low kicks, usually one should stay 2 arms length away from your opponent. you get a better view and for the boxer rights cross, thats why when your redirect the jab quickly counter with a kick to the groin or a throat grab.

Even the most powerful human being has a limited sphere of strength. Draw him outside of that sphere and into your own, and his strength will dissipate.

Or you could just kick the person in the nuts and run like a mother

Thats why you chose the name 1kickKo. :lol:

LOL. hmmm im still not convinced about redirecting the punch i think it would be better to cover up or avaid then again thats from my point of view and im shure there are many valid others.

Fist visible Strike invisible

Simply "slapping" a strike isn't always going to work. A solid blow will go through a slap, which in many cases will leave your head and/or midsection open. Best to use actual blocks...

As for simply grabbing the front kick leg and pulling, it's not really fool-proof. Anyone with a good bit of balance will be able to remain on the base foot in that situation...and if you're facing another martial artist it is very likely that they will have that balance. I would prefer to sweep, reap, or counter kick.

Grabbing someone, taking them down, and putting them in an ankle lock sounds effective...but I'm sure it's not as easy as it sounds...

Just my thoughts.

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

Thats why you chose the name 1kickKo.

That's right! There's the reason for my name..but hey it works doens't it? Haha just one good kick to the gonads works, unless the guy's really a chick, in which case you shouldn't be fighting them..but that's a whole dif. story.

Block a direct punch with slapping it to the left of the right? That wouldn''t be a good solution... If you block over your center line.. the fight is over for you. I am speaking if you fight against a WT/WC/VT opponent.

We've covered this kind of punch for the last 2 weeks in class. For a fast jab either the slap away or cover with bong to redirect. Bong does a good job of redirecting a jab and if they follow the punch through you can collapse it, take laap and then follow up from the outside gate however you're able.

"...or maybe you are carrying a large vicious dog in your pocket." -Scottnshelly