MA Regrets

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwww. I guess we're all in the same boat.

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

Not starting earlier. Not finding a good, proper dojo sooner. And going to my first dojo. That was a mistake. Ugh...I have all these terrible habits to get beaten out of me now.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Not starting younger (not my fault, my parents wouldn't let me start until I turned 10).

Staying with my original dojang for 2+ years after they went way into McDojo territory and was *not* giving me what I wanted.

Going to college someplace where I can't get to a TKD dojang in town, so my only options are the aikido club (decent, actually), and the half-assed Shotokan club on campus. Our sensei can't even kick properly and refuses to acknowledge that my 8+ years of TKD training have any validity whatsoever. :kaioken: :bawling:

What are your biggest regrets with respect to the martial arts, if any? Is there anything you wish you had done differently, or not at all? What would you like to change, given the chance?

My only regret is I did not start sooner, I started at age 41 (spring chicken) :D

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

Hey Jack.......nice pic......I just realized.....either youre REALLY REALLY short, or thats a heck of a big trophy ;-)

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"