• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why Martial art

i just love it... i dont know why but ever since i steped on the wrestling mat and did my first kick in a dojo i have put my whole life it to martial arts. my friends and family think im nuts cause i train 5hrs a day every day. but i just cant get enough of martial arts. mabe some of you guys have that same feeling.
:brow: :brow: :brow: I know the feeling ,well i don't train 5 hours a day,cause of work and family,but when i am on the mat there is no other place i want to be.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool but any one had mention anything about the spirituel side of martial art.Is anybody still belive in the way of the ancient warriors. :bawling:

I still believe in the way of the ancient warrior. I am only 17 but I am very "traditional".

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought."

Basho

"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill."

Sun Tsu

With all the weapons on the streets.Why do we keep pratice an old way of fighting.Is it only for the exercice or there is something more deeper to it.

Good question, for me it's deeper than just physical or defensive activity, my outlook on human life has become more full, it developed more respect for myself and my fellow MA's, it has built up my self-esteem and confidence, and has given the opportunity to control my temper. It's given me skills to confront myself of my own shortcomings and share my knowledge with others as well. It's not just an activity, but a way of life. People ask me if I've had to really use my martial arts training in a real situation, yes, everyday :)

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

good post. its funny i look at the world in a diffrent way now, its like when before i started martial arts all i had was wrestling to keep me motivated and the rest of the year was really lame, but when i took up the martial arts and started to train as hard as i possible it was like a weight being lifted off my shoulders. Before my training i had too many goals to shoot for (school, friends, money) but now im set on one goal and it feels great.

Fist visible Strike invisible

I have no idea what it is, but I"m like the rest of you, completely drawn to it. Although, there really has to be something twisted with all of us loving paying for pain. Really, it is kind of messed up. But I know the feeling everyon'es talking about. I've had it since I was 7. Unfortunately, I never got to train until I was 10. And I went to a McDojo. We quit that after a year, with all the bad habits ingrained. Now, at age 14, nearly 15, I'm a yellow belt in a traditional school. Good school.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

I have no idea what it is, but I"m like the rest of you, completely drawn to it. Although, there really has to be something twisted with all of us loving paying for pain. Really, it is kind of messed up. But I know the feeling everyon'es talking about. I've had it since I was 7. Unfortunately, I never got to train until I was 10. And I went to a McDojo. We quit that after a year, with all the bad habits ingrained. Now, at age 14, nearly 15, I'm a yellow belt in a traditional school. Good school.

I understand completely, good to hear your back at it :)

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

Martial arts has been part of my life for nearly all of it. When you start at 5 years old, and enjoy massive success throughout your career, it tends to grow on you. Martial arts is not just something I do to stay in shape, or for the fun of it. It is part of my life. It has affected the way I deal with people, the way I view the world, the way I react to things. It has infiltrated everything, in a very positive way. For my entire life I have been slow to anger, and quick to forgive. I have had patience where others have lacked it. Because of the martial arts I have been a student for a very long time, a teacher for some time, and hopefully a good person forever.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Martial arts has been part of my life for nearly all of it. When you start at 5 years old, and enjoy massive success throughout your career, it tends to grow on you. Martial arts is not just something I do to stay in shape, or for the fun of it. It is part of my life. It has affected the way I deal with people, the way I view the world, the way I react to things. It has infiltrated everything, in a very positive way. For my entire life I have been slow to anger, and quick to forgive. I have had patience where others have lacked it. Because of the martial arts I have been a student for a very long time, a teacher for some time, and hopefully a good person forever.

Well, there you go, I love hearing that :)

Best regards,

Jack Makinson