• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Gathering of Friends?

Shorinryu Sensei

Hi all! I've been talking a bit with a couple of people, and I've seen it mentioned on this forum before, but how many of you would SERIOUSLY be interested in having a get together somewhere, possibly this summer?

Obviously we have people from all over this planet that post on this forum, but the majority I think are from the states (USA). Of course, if you want to come from Down Under, you'd be more than welcome!

What I'm thinking here is that someone (I'm volunteering actually) could start collecting information from those that are seriously interested and see where you all would prefer to meet. Obviously, most people will want it somewhere close to themselves, and I personally can't afford to travel very far.

Las Vegas I'm sure would be mentioned a lot, as it has a vast variety of hotels and entertainment, but speaking for myself, I'm looking to meet a bunch of you people and get to know and work with you, not gamble and go to shows. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

At this point, I'm just in the "information gathering" phase. If you are interested, please send me an email and include:

User name

Real Name

Mail Address

Primary Phone #

Secondary Phone #

Where do you think would be a good place to meet?

My email is tallpaul@sofast.net[/b]

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a chat room for years with the same people that did that regularly. But for me, this year would be impossible (eventhough it's a great idea). I have to save up to go to Florida to keep a promise to my father. But if you decide on Destin Florida in October, that would be cool :)

Laurie F

GOOd idea , may be one of us who has a dojo on his own become the host.or we can go to a national park for camping.

Glacier National Park is just down the road from me about 25 miles or so. Absolutely SPECTACULAR in the summer. A friend where I used to teach classes has a gymnastics school with TONS of workout area, showers and bathrooms right in town and easy to find. I'd love to host this thing if everybody wanted ot see Montana and the Rockies. :D If nothing else, I can pretty well guarantee it'll be different than most people have ever experienced...especiallywhen I drag all you guys out dancing at the Blue Moon! lol

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Id LOVE to do that.....that would be awesome !.....

ROAD TRIP !!!!!!!! :-)

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Since I'm still young and in college, I would have to discuss it with the parents. If we did it sometime following 4th of July it migh work though.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Oh yeah, just float me an e-mail on where. I'm not real picky. It's a lot easier for me to do e-mail with my class and MA schedule.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War