• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are you happy at your current dojo/style.

Are you happy at your current dojo/style.  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy at your current dojo/style.

• Yes
    • No

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. The techniques we practice are few, and we are taught that a simple base set of techniques are most effective in self defense, and so far I have found this to be true. Not only this, but our sensei has had enough experience to advise us appropriately and realistically for confrontations.

Same with the Ching I class, and I must also note that although the conditioning may not be as intense as in karate, I find many of the concepts to be very useful (folding, covering, etc.).

Definitely. Mine teaches a great mix of TKD, boxing, grappling, and ground fighting. The master has tons of real world experience, and tournament fighting. He constantly shows us all how to improve, and encourages us to adapt techniques to individual body types.

Not as formal as some on this forum, but professional and understanding. Workouts are varied, and I always look forward to them.

The only complaint I have is that other things get in the way of karate.

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

yes im really happy at my kickboxing class great teacher and there are no dickheads in the class. but im not at my thai boxing class.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

very happy...no probs at my school

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

i love my dojo but there is 1 thing i wanted they cant give me yet.i wanted to enter spring or some typ of fighting compition unfortunatelly my dojo have been open for like a little more than a yr so they cant get me compitions yet.they moved from pheonix. i dont have a paring partner neither there is no 1 that is at my level.

Zhu Hu Drangon Lion Kung Fu & Sports Asst.

http://www.geocities.com/zhusifu/

http://www.whitecrane.ws/

Q: Are you happy at your current dojo/style?

A: Yes/Yes!!!

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

I could not be happier with my current sensei, dojo, and style...they all fit me to a "t"...good hard training, balanced with a relaxed atmosphere...can't go wrong!!!!

Hope the same for all!!!

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei

I am very happy where I am right now.. surrounded by good, experienced people; and am challenged to work and succeed... what more can I ask for? :)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

I am very happy with both my martial arts schools. I have two excellent instructors and there's a great set of people go to each school.

The only downside with my Wing Chun and TCC school is that I can only train once a week in each MA. :-/

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!