• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

am i the youngest person here to practice internal arts!?

are 13 or under and practice internal arts  

35 members have voted

1. 1. are 13 or under and practice internal arts

• yes
    • no

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 15 and I practice internal arts. I think it's sad how our age is based on the number of times the Earth has completed it's orbit around the sun after we're born, instead of based on maturity.

A New Age Dawns

I'm sixteen, but I don't think it really matters what age you begin to practice at. It is unusual for younger people to practice it and that does make us a bit different, but I think it would be easier in some aspects for an older person to practice. If you're examining something like good and evil, I think an adult would have more life experience to draw from to be able to understand to a greater depth. Even in just something as simple as meditating, adults have a longer attention span, and they are more apt to be consistent in their practice.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i started at 12 but still stink at it

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

ya, i watch the show naruto, and every day i meditate by going through the handsigns with candles surrounding me, another way i practice spiritually is i play my guitar, it calms me before i train for my karate classes

~josh

• 1 month later...

I think that this has to do with what arts parents think to suggest and that internal arts are marketed to older people. I did Tai Chi when I was in China for a few months and really enjoyed it... unfortunately I haven't found a group around here that I enjoy as much. Oh, and I'm old now- 24- but wasn't always! :)

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu