• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The idea of the Character 2 stance is to lock the lower body for the training af the upper body. It is also a good point of reference for footwork training and drilling in my experience but I've never heard of anyone actually fighting from/in this stance. Who do you train under?

"...or maybe you are carrying a large vicious dog in your pocket." -Scottnshelly

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I train under Sifu Garry McKenzie. Look at https://www.thewingchunschool.com for more info. I'm norwegian, so I train under the norwegian brand of his school, but it is exacly the same offcause!. https://www.wingchun.no

In the first form we train standing in the goat stance for basic wing chun training. In the second form, Cham kiu, we train speed and movement and in the third form, bui ji, we train escape drills (I have not come to the third form yet :bawling: )

And for fight stance we use wing chun stance ofcause! :D

If the first lesson was a failure, then you know that skydiving isn't for you!

when i say you start from the goat stance, i mean that it is sometimes used as a ready stance before you are in closing distance.

it is like the very first thing you do as part of your reaction process and lasts a very brief moment asby the time you've 'readied' you would also have decided a direction in which you will move.

incidentally, the places that i have seen who show this don't do it toes in.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

The idea of the Character 2 stance is to lock the lower body for the training af the upper body. It is also a good point of reference for footwork training and drilling in my experience but I've never heard of anyone actually fighting from/in this stance. Who do you train under?

again, the point has been missed. i DONT train like that - but have seen it.

for the most obvious and available source look up Emin Boztepe, he was taught by Leung Ting and he fights from goat stance, and loves to video tape choreographed fights and put them on the net.

Ok ok ok.... sorry, no need to be angry just B-coz someone don't agree 100% with you all the time and it is not nessesary they who had wrong...

And I most say, videos like that are not fighting, it is adverticing!!! LOL

"Make your everyday stance your fighting stance......" And that is just what you, me and everybody else should do! Forget goat stance, its just for training! :D

If the first lesson was a failure, then you know that skydiving isn't for you!

again, the point has been missed. i DONT train like that - but have seen it.

*looks for part where I said you trained like that*

Thanks for the link though.

Only thing he did with his feet, everytime, was move into a Wing Chun forward stance lol.

"...or maybe you are carrying a large vicious dog in your pocket." -Scottnshelly

"It is also a good point of reference for footwork training and drilling in my experience but I've never heard of anyone actually fighting from/in this stance. Who do you train under?"

this implies that you thought i did - sorry if i was wrong.

as for the video- i have downloading a ton of his vids, he always starts in goat stance, never from wing chun stance.

i'm not getting angry about anything, and i am not saying that anyone;s style is wrong. as i stated from the start - if thats how you train and it works for you then great, its not how i train and there is no point in arguing about it.

We sometimes start drills from what we call the "neutral position". The reasoning behind this is that is in a "street" situation you will not always be in a fight ready position when the trouble starts. Hence in our drills we move from neutral into a better position before dealing with their attack or launching our own.

Most of our drills are done from the Forward position.

Another reason to train in the neutral position is during combat you will sometimes find yourself in the neutral; position as you and your opponent move around. Hence it is good to trained in fighting from that position.

I agree that given a choice I would adopt a front position outside their blindside, before the fight really got underway.

Neutral Position >> Feet slightly more then shoulder width apart, both feet parallel and pointing forward.