• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kubaton

KaiShin

i have little experience with what people are calling kubaton, i googled it in images and noticed that they sell em at my dojo... what r they good for??? and how would u defend yourself with it? i have also seen ones with blades on the end... do they all have blades? or is it just an optional thing?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most don't have blades. They are used for reinforsing a fist, hammerfist strikes, and as an extreemly effective grappling aid (bending joints, applying pressure, and leverage).

You really have to see someone get taken down with one of those things to understand.

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

they can also be affective for striking pressurepoints. You don't realize how much it penetrates until you get hit with one.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

yeah,

imagine all of your punching power put into an area of 1/16th of a square inch.................aimed at a pressure/vital point................

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."