• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dux Ryu Ninjitsu versus Kung Fu (My Jong Lo Han)

ahhhh.... the age old problem.

super secret things like underground tournaments, ninja training, secret societies.

if you can't find/prove them, then that goes to show how secret they are.

:roll:

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like to know who this Frank Dux is.

His reputation sounds so horrible that im intrested in finding out who he is...so I can point at my computer screen...and laugh my * off.

Do a search on Google for him...you'll find tons of stuff I'm sure. He's the guy that the VanDamm movie "Kickboxer" was "supposedly" based on. Won the super secret "kumite" Problem is...he's never been able to provide one shred of proof about it.

I thought the movie was called bloodsport?

http://jedimc.tripod.com/ma.html - what MA do you do, this is my poll.

I thought the movie was called bloodsport?

You're right...I stand corrected.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

We had a high ranking student of his "ryu" come in one time with a really bad attitude. When the lowest ranking member of our school had him on the ground in a omote-gyaku(wrist lock) he quickly decided to sign up and train with us.

This is one of the reasons I have little respect for his "style".

SiK---Joshua

There are no limits.

We had a high ranking student of his "ryu" come in one time with a really bad attitude. When the lowest ranking member of our school had him on the ground in a omote-gyaku(wrist lock) he quickly decided to sign up and train with us.

SiK---Joshua

I think this can happen in any system though. For example, years ago a friend of mine (now ex-friend) who was a 7th Dan BB in TKD (my opinion is :roll: ) brought several of his students into my area to work out with my class. We had several of the same results you're talking about with our tuitte (grappling/joint manipulating). Also, one of my kids...14 years old and just a yellow belt, whipped up pretty good on his 1st degree ADULT black belt that he brought with him. The TKD BB was pretty embarassed by it.

If you were to take me into a BJJ or judo class for instance and make me spar/fight using their citeria, I'd probably not do well either. Let me fight my own fight...well, let's just say I'd stand a much better chance of success. :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

As a Bujinkan student, I will be the first to say that it is not all ninjutsu. It has some elements of ninjutsu(2 Ryu). But the core is traditional jujitsu.

This is pull out from one of Bujinkan's history website:

Hatsumi Sensei had chosen the name Bujinkan Dôjô (Divine Warrior Training Hall) for the name of his school and system. For many years this "system" of skills was referred to as Bujinkan Ninjutsu. This was based on the fact that Togakure Ryû Ninjutsu was the "original" style of martial art that, over a several hundred year period, eight (8) other Ryû, or styles, were later added.

Sôke (family head) Masaaki Hatsumi is the 34th Grandmaster of the Togakure Ryû. This is the main lineage of the Bujinkan, in which the eight (8) other Ryû, were assimilated. This "coming together" of the nine (9) Ryû of the Bujinkan had taken several hundred years to complete.

SiK---Joshua

I think this can happen in any system though. For example, years ago a friend of mine (now ex-friend) who was a 7th Dan BB in TKD (my opinion is :roll: ) brought several of his students into my area to work out with my class. We had several of the same results you're talking about with our tuitte (grappling/joint manipulating). Also, one of my kids...14 years old and just a yellow belt, whipped up pretty good on his 1st degree ADULT black belt that he brought with him. The TKD BB was pretty embarassed by it.

If you were to take me into a BJJ or judo class for instance and make me spar/fight using their citeria, I'd probably not do well either. Let me fight my own fight...well, let's just say I'd stand a much better chance of success. :D

That is true. BUT, the two systems are supposed to be based upon some of the same principles. That is what makes the defeat so bad.

SiK---Joshua

There are no limits.

As a Bujinkan student, I will be the first to say that it is not all ninjutsu. It has some elements of ninjutsu(2 Ryu). But the core is traditional jujitsu.

This is pull out from one of Bujinkan's history website:

Hatsumi Sensei had chosen the name Bujinkan Dôjô (Divine Warrior Training Hall) for the name of his school and system. For many years this "system" of skills was referred to as Bujinkan Ninjutsu. This was based on the fact that Togakure Ryû Ninjutsu was the "original" style of martial art that, over a several hundred year period, eight (8) other Ryû, or styles, were later added.

Sôke (family head) Masaaki Hatsumi is the 34th Grandmaster of the Togakure Ryû. This is the main lineage of the Bujinkan, in which the eight (8) other Ryû, were assimilated. This "coming together" of the nine (9) Ryû of the Bujinkan had taken several hundred years to complete.

Agreed.

Here is a more indepth look into the Ryu. And also, I would like to apologize for the typo in my post. It should have stated 3 ryu are Ninpo, not 2.

The nine ryu (traditions or schools) are what Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu is based on.

Three of the ryu are specialized as Ninjutsu schools, where some are more specialized in espionage, information gathering, geometry, tactics etc. rather than combative techniques.

The other six ryu are more specialized in combative techniques (although most of them have Ninpo elements in them). Some with many weapons and others more specialized in unarmed combat.

Today the training is broadened on the combative techniques rather than Ninjutsu. This is why Hatsumi Sensei prefers to call our art Budo Taijutsu.

The following is a brief introduction to each of the nine schools

Togakure-ryu Ninpo Happo Biken was founded in the late 1100's by Daisuke Nishina. The second oldest Ryu in Masaaki Hatsumi's Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu system. This school is most famous in Bujinkan for the different Ninjutsu weapons as the Shuko, Shinodake, Shuriken, etc.

Gyokko-ryu Kosshijutsu Happo Biken was founded in the mid 1100's by Tozawa Hakuunsai. The oldest Ryu in Masaaki Hatsumi's Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu system. Most famous for the Kihon Happo, Sanshin no kata, and Muto Taihenjutsu which are considered as the basics in the Bujinkan system.

Kukishin-ryu Taijutsu Happo Biken was founded in the mid 1300 by Izumo Kanja Yoshitero. Most famous in Bujinkan for the many different weapon techniques.

Shindenfudo-ryu Dakentaijutsu Happo Biken was founded in the beginning of 1100 by Izumo Kaja Yoshitero. Most famous in Bujinkan for the rough Dakentaijutsu techniques. This school was the theme of 1998 and was taught at the Italian, Sweden, US and Japan Taikai

Gyokushin-ryu Ninpo Happo Biken was founded in the mid 1500 by Sasaki Goemon Teruyoshi. Very little of this school have been taught to the western world. It is believed that this school was more into information gathering and planning than actual combat.

Koto-ryu Koppojutsu Happo Biken was founded in the mid 1500 by Sakagami Taro Kunishige. Most famous in Bujinkan for the Koppojutsu (bone breaking techniques), and unusual Biken (sword) style of fighting.

Gikan-ryu Koppo Taijutsu Happo Biken was founded in the mid 1500 by Uryu Hangan Gikanbo. Most famous in Bujinkan for the difficult and odd Kamae in it's Taijutsu. This school is also specialized in Koppojutsu.

Takagiyoshin-ryu Jutaijutsu Happo Biken was founded in the beginning of 1600 by Takagi Oriuemon Shigenobu. Most famous in Bujinkan as a "Bodyguard School" fast and effective Jujitsu techniques, and Daishosabaki (Jujitsu while wearing both swords in the belt).

Kumogakure-ryu Ninpo Happo Biken was founded in the mid 1500 by Iga Heinaizaemon No Jo Ienaga. Most famous in Bujinkan for the Kamayari, and jumping techniques.

Dexter Bujinkan Dojo © 2003 · Web Design by Ann Arbor Computer Systems

Taken from: here.

SiK---Joshua

There are no limits.

My advice would be to stay away from Dux Ryu, because it isn't at all what it claims to be. There's no pure form of Ninjutsu being studied today. Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu is the closest art to it because of the 3 ryu stated above. It is an impressive and complete system. Budo Taijutsu is available to you, I highly recommend it.

Considering your choices you mentioned I would choose the Kung Fu.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 1 month later...

I studied under Hanshi Dux and the USC Sensei is 2nd rank under Hanshi.

My old dojo is now Shadow Warriors tought by Steve with his own interpritation which is mostly Kenpo Karate. Did you all jump on the bashing bandwagon because of hearsay and ignorance of? Here is some reading for you all below...

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~ninjitsu/

http://www.duxryu.8m.com/

Personaly, I think she should take Aikido but she only has two choices.

Dux Ryu - N. Hollywood