• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For those of you who carry guns

pressureguy

Ok, here's my stance on this issue, you need to fear the criminals with guns, who probably have them illeagily in the first place, the people who took the trouble to get a legit firearm are law abiding, and, for the most part, mentally stable. Of course you will have accidents with people who aren't properly trained, but that works the same way with anything, MA or cars, not just weapons. But remember, i guarantee you that even if we ban firearms, criminals will get them anyway...

"As you train, so shall you fight." - SWAT saying

"Hit first, hit hard, and hit continuously." -My Dad

"If it looks like a fight, start it." -My Dad

"Don't wait for an opening, make it happen." -My HS Wrestling Coach

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If every gun owner was well trained there would still be accidents, because accidents happen! Kids can still manage to get a hold of their parents guns sometimes! Hows about this, only the police and criminals can have guns. I am not a hunter, but I still think it'd be fun to hunt with a bow and arrow.

"I think therefore I am" Rene Descartes

Ugh.. americans and their ammendments. You really should make some revisions to that bill of rights, just don't let George W. do it. I have one question... if you know MAs why would you need to carry a gun? It's just creepy that you fear for your life in a large city enough to carry around a lethal weapon. If someone tried crap on me I wouldn't want to reach into my jacket and take out my gun, I'd want to use my hands and feet which are always readily available.

Why would you need to carry a gun if you knew MAs? :lol:

It's that way of thinking that can make you a statistic.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

Gun laws vary from state to state, so check with your local law enforcement department to see what the laws for your state and area are. If you feel the need to carry a weapon on you, get a concealed weapons permit from the state in which you live. (providing your living in a state that allows citizens to own and carry firearms)

As where to carry them. The law in my state requires that a gun or weapon must be CONCEALED at all times. You can get into MAJOR trouble if anyone sees your weapon, even through clothing. This means that a person who is carrying a weapon concealed must think about their wardrobe. Gender also plays an important factor when it comes to dealing with carrying a weapon on your person. A purse for a woman counts as on your person, so sometimes females have an easier time carrying a weapon, but it is something that both sexes need to think about when carrying a gun on their person. Men and women are built differently and this can be a major factor when it comes to carrying a weapon. Most of us have several different holsters that we wear with different outfits.

As to those of you who believe that all people who carry firearms are paranoid lunatics, listen carefully. If the law allows you to carry a concealed weapon in your area and you choose to obey the law, how does this make you paranoid? When I first got my CCW, I carried my weapon a good bit, but after the thrill of being able to carry wore off, I stopped carrying. I now only carry my weapon if I feel I might need it. (Which also begs the question, Should I be in a place where I might need a weapon?) I have been lucky in that I have not ever had to pull or use my gun and I HOPE I NEVER DO. But, God forbid, that time comes when it is my life or the criminals, I would rather be armed with a gun than to have all of the martial arts knowledge in the world.

Concerning where to carry it. Again, check your local law enforcement departments for restrictions or requirements. The following places are forbidden, even for those of us with concealed weapons permits: All schools or colleges, any federal buildings (courthouse, post office, police department) etc. Depends on the area, but some places don't allow you to carry in church, others do. Again, check your local restrictions and requirements with the local law enforment agency.

Usually a Concealed weapons premit can be given to anyone who meets certian criteria,

1. right age (21 in most places, but varies from state to state, check with local law enforcement)

2. No felonies on your criminal record (One will have to go through a background check to obtain a concealed weapons permit) along with that, one will have to get their fingerprints done. This can be done at the local law enforcment office.

3. One must go to a training session and class on basic firearm saftey. This course covers the basics of how to carry your firearm. Where you can carry your firearm, when you can use and not use your firearm, and what could happen to you if you do. Once this class is out of the way, you will need to go to a firing range and fire your weapon to prove that you are compotent with it (this means that you won't shoot your foot or own self, but that you can hit or come close to a target)

After this is complete and you send off your fingerprints, proof of training (received from the range and school where you took the course) and personal information for a background check. the wait is usually 90 days. If all goes well, then they will send you a card in the mail that looks like your drivers' liscence that has your information on it with a picture ID. This is your Concealed Weapons permit and it allows you to carry a CONCEALED weapon ON or ABOUT YOUR PERSON where it is LEGAL to do so.

In regards to police. If you are doing your job and carrying right, they shouldn't mess with you. But they have the right to question you and challenge your right to have that gun on you, so if you are carrying, Please, Please, Please, have your permit on you. If you don't, then you are just as guilty of carying an illegal concealed weapon as a criminal. Also, having the permit doesn't make you a freerange policeman. You can ONLY use your weapon if you feel YOUR LIFE is in IMMINENT DANGER. If you see someone rob a store, call the police, don't try to be a hero because you carry a gun. There is no reason to be killed because you are using your gun out of place. Now if you are robbed, different story. Use whatever it takes to keep yourself alive.

I hope this helps. Good luck and STAY SAFE

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."