• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For those of you who carry guns

pressureguy

Most folks just are concerned for the safety of themselves or others and want an extra layer of security aside from hoping the police make it there in time. Yeah, there are a few of them who I think are a little edgy and could probably use a lot more training (both in shooting and emotional skills)

However, I know a lot more people who I don't think should be trusted behind a car, and those are the guys who are more likely to put me in harm than the stereotypical "trigger happy gun nut"

Several years ago here in Phoenix there was an incident where a person carrying a concealed gun was in a store when it got robbed. He followed the robber outside and took several shots at the guy as he got in his car and fled. The shooter didn't manage to hit the robber, or his car, but he did manage to kill a woman who was at a hotel pool across the street.

Incidents like that are the reason I have mixed feelings about the whole gun debate.

Res firma, mitescere nescit

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your story reflects the need for more people to think about why they carry a gun, and the responsibility that goes with it.

I'm sure there are a few people out there who have a "hero wannabe" complex, but I would say they are also in the minority.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

The 5th amendment?

:-? OOPS! :o I screwed that up didn't I? Try 1st amendment...sorry. :(

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

The 5th amendment?

It is actually the 2nd Amendment of the Constitition:

Bill of Rights

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

]===[------------------------>

http://www.backyardmartialarts.org

]===[------------------------>

The 5th amendment?

It is actually the 2nd Amendment of the Constitition:

Bill of Rights

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Oh man...and I used to be a school teacher too! I'm sooooo embarassed!

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I find it very amusing seeing so many posts about folks fearing people who legally carry firearms.

To me, this makes about as much sense as someone fearing a martial artist because he "could" hurt or kill someone.

Wake up. Every time someone gets behind the wheel, and fires up their cell phone, puts on makeup, turns around screaming at kids, they are putting far more people at risk than the person carrying a firearm for self defense.

Face it, police are an after the fact issue 90% of the time. They aren't called until a crime is being committed, or has already been committed. It is a proven fact that states with concealed carry laws (allowing citizens to carry concealed) have a LOWER violent crime rate than states without. It has also been documented that after implementing concealed carry laws, states had a drop in violent crime. Just so there is no misunderstanding, this means that when the general population may be armed, crime is less likely to happen.

Personally, I study martial arts so I can defend myself should the need arise. I carry a gun for the same reason. If I have someone threatening me or my family with a gun, knife, box cutter, tire iron, or whatever the case may be. I would like to know that I have the capacity to protect my family until the police arrive.

You're just jealous cause the voices only talk to me...

Ugh.. americans and their ammendments. You really should make some revisions to that bill of rights, just don't let George W. do it. I have one question... if you know MAs why would you need to carry a gun? It's just creepy that you fear for your life in a large city enough to carry around a lethal weapon. If someone tried crap on me I wouldn't want to reach into my jacket and take out my gun, I'd want to use my hands and feet which are always readily available.

"I think therefore I am" Rene Descartes