• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For those of you who carry guns

pressureguy

In another thread, I asked what weapons people carry and some people answered guns.

For those of you who carry guns:

How often do you carry them?

Do you take them everywhere (shopping, church, family gatherings, etc)?

Do you have them concealed?

Do you have a permit? If so, what are the details of you permit? If not, how are you going to justify to the police that you are carrying an illegal firearm?

Note: I have no problems with guns. I am just asking these questions.

pressureguy

]===[------------------------>

http://www.backyardmartialarts.org

]===[------------------------>

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one of those that carry guns, but I felt compelled to state my thoughts on those that do. Off/On-duty cops..sure, carry your firearm, as you are technically on-duty 24/7 and you make your living protecting us. The same with security people if their working.

Otherwise, I feel that anybody that carrys a firearm during normal day to day living is paranoid, afraid, and potentially dangerous not to just themselves, but to everyone else that they come within bullet range of.

Living where I do, I've grown up around firearms (pistols and rifles/shotguns) all of my life and have owned many during the years. I used to hunt every year and know full well what a bullet can do to flesh. It's not pretty people, and nothing like you see in the movies.

People that carry guns are to me, more dangerous than thugs and thieves are.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

People who have their CCW permits are rarely involved in negligent acts of violence.

I wouldn't consider myself paranoid for not relying on a police department to protect me.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

PressureGuy,

To answer your question, I only carry when traveling thru a big city. Generally you can't take a weapon into an establishment where booze is served or a certain amount of people will be, such as a concert or sporting event. Yes, it should be concealed. The details of my permit are printed on the back of my license. If you get caught without a permit, you will most likely go to jail with pricey fines.

Rules and Regs for Michigan can be found here:

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/1%2C1607%2C7-123-1591_3503_4654---%2C00.html

People who have their CCW permits are rarely involved in negligent acts of violence.

I wouldn't consider myself paranoid for not relying on a police department to protect me.

Obviously you've never met my ex-brother-in-law! :roll: The man "sees" black helicopters, foreign troops in Glacier National Park and stockpiles guns and ammo for the day when the end of the world comes. This, and the man has 7 kids that aren't feed or clothed properly..and I could go on for pages! He has a concealed firearm permit and seldom, if ever, is without a pistol unbder his coar or in an ankle holster. Trust me, this guy is NOT stable enough to be carrying a firearm...but the law says he can.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I know a fair amount of folks who are certified to carry firearms concealed. Most of them tend to take it more seriously than a lot of police officers who see it as one more thing they have to qualify with.

Most folks just are concerned for the safety of themselves or others and want an extra layer of security aside from hoping the police make it there in time. Yeah, there are a few of them who I think are a little edgy and could probably use a lot more training (both in shooting and emotional skills)

However, I know a lot more people who I don't think should be trusted behind a car, and those are the guys who are more likely to put me in harm than the stereotypical "trigger happy gun nut"

Here in Ohio, one must have a permit to carry concealed, and the permit requires a background check and training in both the classroom and the range. Basically, they have to prove to the state that they are law abiding, good citizens.

What do businesses do? They prohibit these proven "good guys" from being in their business and think that it will somehow stop the guy who REALLY wants to shoot up the place and doesn't care if he needs a permit to carry or not.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

Sounds like someone who would carry a weapon no matter if the law said he can or not. But, who knows, he might be one to stop a violent act somewhere too. Ya never know.

SS,

I'll give you that, but there's (unfortunately) no law for having your priorities out of whack :)

But I think your painting a lot of folks with that broad brush, when most of them are a lot more... well, average :)

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

SS,

I'll give you that, but there's (unfortunately) no law for having your priorities out of whack :)

But I think your painting a lot of folks with that broad brush, when most of them are a lot more... well, average :)

I understand what you're saying bud, but I also think the mentality up here is a bit different than a lot of places in this country.

For example, if you want a concealed gun permit here, all you have to do is go before a judge and state "Under the 5th Admendment, it is my right to carry a firearm"..and the judge will issue you a concealed permit. No background check other than to see if you have a felony...period.

I know of 6 people off the top of my head that routinely carry a concealed weapon (pistol) around with them routinely without permits (One of these is a woman), and if you don't have one at least in your car/truck..you are considered "unusual" in these parts.