• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Getting Power And Speed With Vertical Fist Punch?

isshinryuwarrior

I agree with pendakarshihan1. "Hip movement" is a much more accurate term to describe all of the motions. To clarify on my earlier post, I wasn't exactly aiming for a full-blown hip rotation either.

See my post:

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=14623

OK...you're forgiven...this time! :brow:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying the thing about focusing on pulling my hand back as fast as possible. That actually feels like I'm doing something better than before. Thank Isshinryu5, I guess i'll feel like it's almost perfect the more I practice over and over on my journey to black belt.

Oh my baloney has a first name.

And its' name is K-A-R-A-T-E.

Oh my balney has a last name

And its' name is......

Hey! what is it's last name?

I have noticed that if I am in a good, strong seisan stance, my punches seem to have more power than if I'm in a sloppy stance....sloppy stance=sloppy techniques. I've been told that punches start from the ground up, and I'd have to agree with that. When I first started out, my seisan stance was kinda high, and I often felt a little off-kilter, but when I settled into my stance everything seemed to improve dramaticly (almost overnight).

"Pain is weakness leaving the body".....my Makiwara tells me so.

Sesian Stance? I'm sorry, still new at this, what exactly was Sesian? I'm learning the moves fairly well, I'm having trouble learning the names of everything.....that will come with time I guess

Oh my baloney has a first name.

And its' name is K-A-R-A-T-E.

Oh my balney has a last name

And its' name is......

Hey! what is it's last name?

should be one of the first things you learn.....it's your forward stance. Your weight is more or less 50/50. I've noticed people tend to sit high in their stances when they start out (myself included), probably due to the fact that they'e stretching muscles they didn't even know they had. Once you learn to settle into your stances, the power behind your techniques will improve. All that takes is lots of practice. It all comes with time.....and practice.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body".....my Makiwara tells me so.