• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Size does not matter

Size never matters. You could be 5'4 and fighting a guy who is 6'2. If you do well he would be saying "Gee I could pound the little guy; if I could catch 'em!"

the problem with MA today is that there are still people who think like this...of course size matters.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too much reading, not enough practice.

my basic responce when i hear that is that

to hit, you have to be relatively 'still'

if you can hit him

he can hit you...

basically, he doesn't need to catch you because you are going towards him.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Size never matters. You could be 5'4 and fighting a guy who is 6'2. If you do well he would be saying "Gee I could pound the little guy; if I could catch 'em!"

the problem with MA today is that there are still people who think like this...of course size matters.

I was 5'8 150 at one point. I was slow and weak.

I'm 5'9 135 now. I'm quick, strong, explosive, and MUCH more Technical

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v71/soulfighting/SOUL%20SONIC%20STYLE/Jab1.jpg

THE MASTER OF THE WORLD'S FINEST!!

SOUL SONIC STYLE!!

I was 5'8 150 at one point. I was slow and weak.

I'm 5'9 135 now. I'm quick, strong, explosive, and MUCH more Technical

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v71/soulfighting/SOUL%20SONIC%20STYLE/Jab1.jpg

I'm 5'9 and hover around 220. Skill being equal, I would crush you. That's why they have weight classes. you were slow and weak because you were slow and weak. That's a training issue, not a size issue.

http://www.geocities.com/kalistawarrior/sevenstar.jpg

• 3 months later...

Big guy 220lb, say he can get half his mass behind a punch, and punches at 15mph.

110 x 15 = 1650lb of force (not psi)

Little guy, 160lb can get 75% of his mass behind a punch, punches 20 mph.

120 x 20 = 2400lb of force (not psi)

So the little guy can generate more force than the big guy because he has better technique. But of course the big guy can take more punishment than the little guy.

So with good skill, you can hit harder than big guys, but you'll still have a tough time beating him because he can take so much more punishment.

I was 5'8 150 at one point.

I'm 5'9 135 now.

I didn't know you could get taller by doing MA. :D

All bad jokes aside, I can't believe we are on page 15 still discussing at a level of yes,size matters, no size doesn't matter. I haven't read the other pages but I hope (and I assume) there was someone smart enough to explain that size matters. So I guess people who still can't get in their head are.........hmm I shouldn't go any further.

René