• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Size does not matter

I agree with Tim Greer, myself being a 6'4" 225 pound man, size does matter. But I have had the wind knocked out of me by many more experienced and more knowledgeable martial artists much smaller than myself. I enjoy the power that I have, but I sure wish I could produce the speed that some of my smaller counterparts seem to have naturally. Nothing replaces and is better than knowledge and how to use it, whether it be physical contact or mental confrontations. Just my 2 cents worth.. :nod:

Bob Daveant

1st Degree Black Belt: TaeKwonDo

Kim's Martial Arts School, Avon, Ohio

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daveant, i'm not as big as you but i have been training myself in both strength and speed for a couple of months now (instead of jus strength). I've found that if done correctly i can train myself to be just as fast as the little guys. I actually have a blindingly fast backfist that even i don't see.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

size does not matter. if your tecnique is good enough you can prevail over any adversary. btw are we talking about height or weight? cuz i wrestle for my hight school. i wrestle at the 150lb weight class. and i love tall guys. you give me a tall guy even if he is a class above me i'll take him and win. short fat guys(like me) are harder.

SHORTDOG

In the road of life there are many paths. If you don't know where you are going, any one will take you there.

join me in my quest to aquire knowledge of all martial arts of the world at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldofmartialarts

or email

Fat guys, lol. I'm short and heavy, but not fat at all. 5'2" and 180# makes me roll through people like a cannonball. Fat guys tend to gas-out way to quick. Size DOES matter, it doesn't matter how good your technique is size will determine how you will defeat that person. "If you are good enough" is a key factor to how much size matters. The bigger they are, they more skillful you better be.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Lets see:

Size: 6'00'' - Skill: 5 (out of 10)

Size: 5'2'' - Skill: 8 (out of 10)

Who would win this fight? :grin:

If the short guy has a "+5" buckler, I think he would win.

LOL.. You forgot weights and fighting style, Patrick that makes a huge difference.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.