• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we talking about fighting still? :brow:

Anyway, size does matter, but if you are skilled enough, you can overcome the size. Royce Gracie proved this in the first 3 UFC's. Now, if a person is bigger than you AND has good skills, you'll have a much harder time. Luckily for us many "big bullies" don't train in martial arts so we can compensate with skill.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Size never matters. You could be 5'4 and fighting a guy who is 6'2. If you do well he would be saying "Gee I could pound the little guy; if I could catch 'em!"

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

If you don't think that the size of your opponent doesn't matter.. I have some NHB fights I'd like you to sign up for. You are fooling yourself if you think size doesn't matter in a fight. If you ask any experienced fighter or instructor, they will tell you the truth. And, if you find an instructor that says size doesn't matter, I have some fights I'd like him to sign up for also.

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Size never matters when you back it up with technique and ability. That is what I meant. I agreed with your statement before. Geez, always trying to pick fights with me, eh? :argue:

"If your efforts only help yourself, you are only doing half the job"

RJ Wallia 2001

This Message was edited by: Karateka on Jul 5, 2001 10:33pm

Yeah, it's no good to be big and have no power...

Just ask the ladies! MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Sizes DO matter.. Specially if the bigger guy knows how to use his weight as a weapon..

But, That just an advantage.. Not a guarantee that just because you are big you will always win.

You need to learn how to fight diferent people with diferent sizes.. :smile:

size does not matter...............if your large your have weight, and power on your side....if your small you have speed and agility on your side................personally intellect and technique plays a larger roll than size.

the knee/shin and sweeps are to the small persons advantage......upper body and strong arm techniques are to the large person advantage. :argue:

use your mind and your advantage will be obvious.

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

The real advantage is avoiding the fight all together. But when the kickass cry comes from within, brains and technique win all the way. :bigwink:

In a dream world the only thing that matters is brains and technique. In the real world, however, the size of your opponent(s) makes a huge difference. This can be overcome with brains and technique, but it's gonna take alot of technique. Royce Gracie proved this in UFC 1-3. But in other UFC's.. the big men have dominated guys of less skill than Royce with few exceptions.

If you take a big guy and a small guy, give them the same brains and techniques.. the big guy will probably win. When defending yourself, your tactics will definitely change when fighting a bigger person.. this is because size DOES matter.