• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What weapon do you actually carry?

pressureguy

personally I rarely leave the house without a knife of some sort, either a pocket knife or on e of my matte black throwing knives...As for firearms, it's illegal to carry them here...but I'm still well trained in their use and if I felt it necessary I would carry one....luckily I'm pretty smart and avoid places/situations that might require a firearm....lol....random thought...i'm a girl, yet I don't carry pepperspray...I wonder if that is a confindence thing or just a dislike of "cheating"

"No matter how you may excel in the art of

Karate, and in your scholastic endeavors, nothing is more important than your behavior and your humanity as observed in daily life."

~ Master Gichin Funakoshi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I carry a leatherman micra, which isn't very practical for defense but still useable. And also a 3 1/2 inch automatic pocket knife. I do have a Springfield XD 9 and a 12 ga at home but the hassle of carrying them for the minimal risk of needing them just doesn't balance in favor of packing.

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

• 3 weeks later...

CRKT M16-14M, Camillus CUDA MAXX Bowie (12 inch folder).

Soon, when I have the funds and the license, I plan on carrying a firearm of some sort so I can get accustomed to it before entering the police force. Can any of you guys who know about guns give me a link so I can educate myself about firearms? I wanna know how they work, I wanna know what brands there are and which are better than others and which are designed for which purpose. Thanks!

And, BTW Cadet Ray, Balisongs are illegal in the state of california.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

well... i carry pepper spray for multiple opponents. and sometimes a butterfly knife just for show. but the only thing i walk around with is the pepper spray. i hardly do it anymore though

"In battle, confrontation is done directly, victory is gained by surprise"

- Master Sun

• 2 weeks later...
CRKT M16-14M, Camillus CUDA MAXX Bowie (12 inch folder).

Balisongs are illegal in the state of california.

It seems like the majority of weapons are illegal in California. All the websites I go to shop for supplies at always say they can't ship it to CA, MA, and NY. Sucks for you guys :( .

Attack me and you'll find out what weapons I carry. :)

Regards,

-Steve Delaney

The methods of war become the methods of peace.

This thread really does surprise me. I never thought people in the US did carry so many weapons. Here where I live (Canada) few people carry weapons (Well I guess). I love the States and I go to Florida almost every winter, but I never thought of the possibility that the people I run accross when I'm there could be armed. This is somewhat frightning

Actually, the vast majority of people here in the States don't carry weapons...this is just a specific thread on a martial arts forum, so it shouldn't be surprising for people to carry weapons...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/