pressureguy

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I typically do not carry weapons, they just aren't needed where I live.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Glock 23 - 40 cal.

Always be prepared.

How many rounds does it hold?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

That gun isn't that big. I don't carry weapons, I don't feel they are necessary. The one thing I do know is that anyone who carries the Smith and Wesson Model 500 .50 cal. magnum has too much gun. I don't think anyone on here would, but I know someone who has one.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

GojuRyu Shawn,

"None, it's illegal to carry anything in Canada!"

Frankly, if this is true, this deserves it's own thread. I have my doubts though. ]

I'm aware that self-defense knives are illegal. Fortunately, I don't carry one. I have my utility knife clipped to my pocket, my purely-to-prevent-loss-of-keys kubotan keychain in my other pocket and a bag containing weights that I carry around to strengthen my legs.

The sword is just for show, not sd.

Several "carry" options for me when I'm not at work:

1) Cool / cold weather: Glock 23 (.40, but sometimes I'll swap in the 357 Sig barrel), two extra 13 round magazines, Spyderco Delica II knife with serrated edge. Holster is carried at the 4:30 position on the hip in a Desantis Mini-slide, magazines are carried in jacket pocket. Spyderco knife clips to the pocket of the pants. Ammo type is the Remington Golden Saber 165 grain brass jacketed holowpoint.

2) Warm weather: Same as above, although I may substitute the more compact Glock 26, and instead of wearing a jacket, I'll either wear the shirt untucked, or wear another light dress shirt on top.

3) Hot weather: S&W 642 5-shot revolver in a Desantis pocket holster. Fits easily in any cargo shorts front pocket. Extra speedloader in other pocket for balance. Ammo type is the new Speer Gold Dot 130 +P JHP. Spyderco Delica II is clipped to the back pocket.

4) Leaving the dojo from Iaido training: Last Legend Mark V katana, 27" blade, or Crane Mountain 6' long, 1.25" diameter bo staff. :)

Some people may ask "why do you carry guns when you've studied martial arts all of those years?"

Simple: It's better to be prepared for the emergency that never arrives, instead of being caught unprepared for the one that does arrive. Martial arts are a wonderful thing, indeed, but there are some things that they can't help.

Is it really that dangerous where you guys live that you need to tote around all these guns and various other weapons? I live in Canada, and well, you just don't see that. Not even the crazy guys in the army carry all that around. Sure most of us have knives but we don't even carry around those unless we are in the field.

i always carry a pocket knife, but more for opening boxes and cleaning fingernails than for protection. there's a screwdriver in my truck, but more for fixing things than for self-defense. i got a pocket full of keys, but they're more for opening houses and starting engines than for stabbing.

my point is, i don't carry any real weapons (despite my previous post on page 2 of this topic), but i could turn a couple things into a weapon if needed.

plus, my hands are registered as deadly weapons, so i guess i really am always toting weapons around!

Is it really that dangerous where you guys live that you need to tote around all these guns and various other weapons?

It's better to be prepared for the (hopefully) extremely rare emergency that does arrive, rather than to be caught unprepared for the one that does arrive. The Los Angeles riots of 1992 was more than ample proof of this, and poor Reginald Denny will never be the same.