• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What weapon do you actually carry?

pressureguy

Knife in my pocket, keys between my fingers, a hammer in the truck seat, screwdriver in door of the car. And an ink pen when I can't carry those.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since i'm prone to seizures (till doctor feels he has them under control) I use a milspec push button flashlight that fits in the palm of your hand. I will carry a krambit from time to time but I found that flashlight works wonders.

a brass knuckle is always on my side. I used it as my self defense weapon.

Be careful with advertising those. In some states, they are illegal to carry. Just something to keep in mind.

Its probably not the best idea to carry any weapon on the street especially if your a black belt in a martial arts, that alone will lead to serious jail time, sounds stupid and unfortunate, but we can get into a lot of trouble going against someone with the knowledge we have in a real confrontation unless there are multiple attackers I assum. Any takes on this?

There really isn't much truth to that. I'm a law enforcement officer, and I wouldn't take the skill of a person defending themselves into condsideration on its own. The totality of the circumstances has to be looked at. What was the attacker trying to do accomplish? What was the emotional state of the defender? Where you scared for your life? Trying to protect another? What was the level of the threat? All of these things and more come into consideration when it comes to levying a charge on somebody. Factors like size discrepancy, force levels used, and the like also play a roll in the level of the response deemed appropriate.

Now, what happens in a civil court and a criminal court are two different things. If an altercation is deemed self-defense by the law, and you don't get charged, doesn't mean that the crook you defended yourself against won't try to take you to civil court for one thing or another.

The bottom line is that every situation is different, and is looked at differently than the others. Each is unique, and approached thus.

Maybe some of the other law guys on here can add or detract from what I've said here. Anyone else have anything to add?

yup agree with you bushido. Think its why I started carrying a mini tac light. Its big enough to fit in the palm of my hand has a push button on bottom. And the light, oh god talk bout bright. You shine that in an attackers eyes you have a good enough time to either a) run to a more public place or b) subdue him without hardly any harm.

• 5 months later...

man if you guys ever all teamed up you'd make a heck of a vigilante army!

i never really think to carry any weaponry. Mostly because I live in NYC, and am a public transportation guy; so going from walking to bus to train to subway to path and light rails means whatever I leave the house with i have to carry around all day. I try and keep my north face backpack as light as possible.

i've had a bike chain and lock in my bag for like ever, but it's not like i've ever been trained in using such a weapon.

i guess at least once or twice per day i am armed with close to boiling water thanks to my coffee or tea. :karate:

i've had a bike chain and lock in my bag for like ever, but it's not like i've ever been trained in using such a weapon.

Kusarigama - ish?

Sojobo

I know violence isn't the answer... I got it wrong on purpose!!!

http://www.karatedo.co.jp/wado/w_eng/e_index.htm

A pocket knife, my keys, my belt, my cell phone and sometimes my CZ-82

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society