• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What weapon do you actually carry?

pressureguy

I have also on occasion used my wife's chili as a weapon of minor destruction. It can be deadly in the wrong hands--but in a reeaally good way... :)

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the street? None. Especially with MA training, there are way too many situations that you can get into that will really mess you up legally if you pull a weapon, even in self defense. I don't even have a kubotan keychain.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• 1 month later...

I carry a Bo Staff, it's not legal (I don't think?), but a few cops have stopped me and ask me what I had it for, I told them it was my walking stick, and they bought it.

A New Age Dawns

Glock 30, Fox 10% OC, ASP 21" baton, Cold Steel Voyager tanto pt, Surefire E2D.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

George Orwell

Personally, the only weapon that i carry is myself... After all, to learn Karate is to learn how to use your body as a weapon... :karate: :D ;)

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

Using your body as a weapon should be a last resort. You should use your body only if you are unable to deploy a gun, knife, or another significant weapon. I suggest you look back a few pages in this thread and read our discussion of this.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

You should use your body only if you are unable to deploy a gun, knife, or another significant weapon

But then what would be the point of learning an Art if all you need to do is pull out a gun or a knife...?

I can understand where you are coming from with this, and if someone has you with a gun or a knife then your body would be useless to a point... :nod:

Thinking about it, I carry my Yumi (Kyudo bow) and my Bo Staff... Both covered up, and I do get some questions by the police, but my Sensei's club has built itself a good reputation and so the police know the groundings...

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

call me paranoid,but i've custom sewn 2 pokets into every pair of pants I own,one in front of my right front pocket for a 6 inch bladed dagger,one behind the front pocket to accomidate a tonfa.a baggy shirt and the whole arsenal is hidden sitting or standing. :karate:

"YOU are your only opponent in Karate and life"

"Pain is weakness leaveing your body"

"There is no glory in practice,But,Without practice,There is no glory."

"You must always be prepared to defend yourself and your fellow man."

call me paranoid,but i've custom sewn 2 pokets into every pair of pants I own,one in front of my right front pocket for a 6 inch bladed dagger,one behind the front pocket to accomidate a tonfa.a baggy shirt and the whole arsenal is hidden sitting or standing. :karate:

Thats could be considered OCD no offense intended. I hope you never get caught with all that stuff.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

shui tora, the only things I care about as far as leaning a martial "art" is learning how to defend myself and having fun.

BTW, learning how to use guns and knives is certainly a martial art.

mooeseman, I believe, with no personal offense, that what you are carrying and the manner in which you carry it gives legitimate concealed weapons carriers a bad name. A lot of "self-defense" sites sell you all these little ninja gadjets (various types of blades, spikes, sticks, etc) and tell you to carry them all in such creative ways as you mentioned. There is no legimate reason for you to carry a tonfa when you could just as easily carry a real weapon. By real weapon I mean a gun, knife, OC, or, last resort, an expandable baton. When I say "real weapon" I am referring to a weapon that you have been trained to use effectively in a self-defense situation. And that dagger you're toting? Do you have any proper training with it? Besides, carrying a dagger really makes other knife carriers look bad.

Get a normal weapon and get some training, and stay away from those "self defense" cult websites.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!