pressureguy

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW...we need to start a thread about use of cersonship ;-)

"If you have your hands, what good are your hands (and feet) against a guy with a knife, trash can lid, and five buddies behind him ready to help him out." - Armor of God...exactly why are you training in Martial Arts? I train for this exact situation.

UseoForce- if the guy is drawing a weapon, I would not simply plop a couple good body shots on him or even a chin shot. I would be going for the "Ikken Hisatsu" thing- one strike kill. OK, actually, a one-shot deal where he could NOT do anything while I escaped. I would take out his throat, his eyes, a knee...something where he is WAY more concerned with his own health than mine. meanwhile, I am using my best "Nike Fu" techniques to get as far away as I can.

Now, in your other example...if the guy is skilled and wants you DEAD- has his weapon drawn, is more than far enough away so that you have no hope of reaching him before he can fire, etc etc....even if you have a weapon of your own- even a pistol- you are pretty much dead meat. No weapon is gonna save you- other than maybe that tactical NUKE you have strapped to your chest ready to blow if your heart stops beating ;-)

shi wa hei to de aru

"All are equal in the grave"

No weapon is gonna save you- other than maybe that tactical NUKE you have strapped to your chest ready to blow if your heart stops beating ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

No weapon is gonna save you- other than maybe that tactical NUKE you have strapped to your chest ready to blow if your heart stops beating ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless your weapon is drawn, too. Say, for example, someone breaks into your house and you retreat to your bedroom (as more than a few true tales go), you could have your weapon drawn and at the ready.

Anyway, I think we agree for the most part, and I'm really not interested in debating individual situations and such. Just as long as the 2nd Amendment is properly respected ;).

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

meanwhile, I am using my best "Nike Fu" techniques to get as far away as I can. ;-)

Nike Fu... I love it. My personal favorite form of self-defense, aside from just staying out of situations where you NEED self-defense.

White belt mind. Black belt heart.

Rejoice and be glad!

OHO...hold up now. If we were talking about HOME DEFENSE that would be a different story. I have heard that the best weapon for home defense would be a nice golf club painted black- they burglar wouldn't even see it coming, he'd just hear a slight whoosh.

Spirit at Choice...self awareness is a highly overlooked skill, and I'm not sure if anyone has even touched on that in this thread. There have been several times in my life where I have just simply felt something was not quite right- didn't like the looks of the crowd up ahead, or that the dumpster sitting there was a perfect place to hide behind- and taken an alternate route or simply turned around and walked away. I don't know how many altercations I have avoided in this way, but awareness of my surroundings has always been something that I have prided myself on. One such case where it saved me big time was when a particularly violent guy was trying to ruin my night when i saw his buddy sneak around behind me with a pool cue. Said buddy tried to cave in my skull, but I knew he was there- sidestepped and allowed the strike to clean out the violent guy. While they were trying to stop the bleeding, I was again using that Nike Fu technique. Survived...defended myself against 2 would-be attackers without throwing a single technique. Didn't even have to buy the guy a drink to make up for the one I accidently spilled...

shi wa hei to de aru

"All are equal in the grave"

Actually, tons of people have talked about self awareness. In fact, I started posting on this thread because some people seemed to think the self awareness alone is an acceptable form of SD. Not to say it isn't important, but I get tired of hearing "I carry my brain..."

Anyway, about my post, that was just an example. What's to say that when you see an armed attacker approaching on the street you can't seek cover, draw and cock (There I go again...) your weapon?

But anyway, I respect where your coming from. Now we're debating prett finite stuff. All I'm saying is this:

Respect second amend.

Recognize if you are skilled and armed, your chances of surving are greater.

Better to have and not need than need and not have.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

Actually, i cary around a fluffy pink flesh-eating bunny rabbit in my pocket :lol:. but im going to get a pair of fighting fans.