• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You carry a sword with you all the time??

Off duty I typically carry either a pistol or revolver and a folding knife (usually my Applegate-Fairbarn).

Yea, there is not restriction on a blade were i live, the only weapon i can not carry is nunchuku

So you can actually carry a sword down the street but not a nunchaku? Interesting. What country do you live in? Never heard of that before.

I'm always a little concerned about people that decide carrying swords around is a good plan.

• 2 weeks later...

I carry keys, a pocketknife, and my cell phone almost everywhere.

When walking to TKD, I carry my escrima, wood and foam nunchaku, and/or my bo.

At school, I carry keys, a cell phone, heavy textbooks, and track spikes. If I ever got attacked at track practise, run away... I could use a pole vault pole as an extremely long staff or drop a shot put /discus on your foot. I could kick you with track spikes on... :bawling:

Hockey sticks make great improvised bo. :brow:

Shaolin Kempo, 1st Dan (earned 3 July 2018 in China)

ITF Tae Kwon Do, 2nd Dan (earned 6 June 2009 in San Diego, CA)

Almost 20 years of martial arts training in total

• 2 months later...

2 knives. 1 small folder for fine work, and a 5" fixed blade for heavy / defense use.

“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit.” - Miyamoto Musashi

Why is the sky blue? Because God loves the infantry! Why does God love the infantry? Because we get to Heaven first!

• 3 weeks later...

A Kubaton. If I'm going into an area that bans weapons, such as a courthouse, I have found that a small Maglite can serve the same purpose and does not have any problems going through security. Yes, I have felt the need to be armed in a courthouse.

• 2 weeks later...

Its probably not the best idea to carry any weapon on the street especially if your a black belt in a martial arts, that alone will lead to serious jail time, sounds stupid and unfortunate, but we can get into a lot of trouble going against someone with the knowledge we have in a real confrontation unless there are multiple attackers I assum. Any takes on this?

Courtesy & Respect - Integrety - Self control - Perserverance - Indomitable Spirit