• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What weapon do you actually carry?

pressureguy

Usually, a pistol and/or a tactical folder, depending on the local laws. Anything else is an improvised weapon: the Parker Jotter, the boots, the stick on the ground, Kryptonite bike lock, etc.

Still, I should spend more time training with etc. Etc is a formidable weapon, and it's the most likely to be on hand, if only I could figure out what it is. Besides, anything other thant etc is likely to get me into court.

You have a right to your actions

But never to your actions' fruits.

Act for the action's sake,

And do not be attached to inaction.

Bhagvad Gita 2.47

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually carry a kuboton chain or key on me for the pressure points and overall slamming of the face lol.

I wish i could get my hands on a Manriki chain and that would be on me at all times.

Im genuinely surprised by the number of you carrying guns. Being a strogn opponent of civilian guns generally I would never carry one (besides here in england youd be arrested pretty sharpish and it can carry 10 years). As a rule I dont tend to carry actual weapons (as strictly speaking any kind of offensive weapon is illegal in public, right down to a ballpoint pen if they felt like pushing it) and instead have trained to defend myself with my keys i always have on me, and objects you would find in the real world. In some situations of increased risk though, a real weapon has gone with me. I do tech for a band who palyed in a very notorious venue and i took my M7 bayonet in my techie bag. Im going to uni this year in bristol which is a little bit more dodgy than my current area so i may add a small flick knife or a kobutan to my carry-everywhere-pile

3rd Kyu - Variant Shotokan

Taijutsu

"We staunt traditionalists know that technique is nowhere near as important as having your pleats straight when you die."

I tend to carry weapons that are common items. I put my hair up in hairsticks and can use those just as well as anything else. I also carry a fan on warm days. Don't forget how handy keys can come in. I also have a pocket knife, but I really do use it for work.

It is important to learn to look around you to see what everyday items you can use to defend yourself, just incase you are in a bind.

Middle Brown Belt

Shoryn Ryu Jujitsu

What weapons do everyone here actually carry on the street for self-defense?

pressureguy

well i do carry a weapon and every one does because you can never loose it its called a fist and im not being stupid because it is a weapon and as long as youve got that you r safe. plus i carry anouther weapon to its called my mind and it is a very gd weapon. :D :) :( :o :x :lol: 8) :-? :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :brow: :bawling: :wink: :roll: :dodgy: :idea: :kaioken: :karate:

A.kelly