• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you download UFC Greatest Knockouts from morpheus/kazaa/imesh/whatever one of them is of these two guys on the ground grappling and wrestling for an advantage. One guy is so wrapped up in grappling he gets elbowed in the temple and is knocked out.

In my school when we grapple we don't strike because it's too dangerous to hit with no pads. How can one remeber to just smack someone while the try to lock you up?

If i had to choose between karate and everything else, I would choose karate so i could beat up whoever made me make the decision and have everything else

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
when you get good enough at grappling youll kind of just know. also, you can train that way- you throw fake strikes while grappling. basically, eventually, it becomes natural.

Yeah, when you get further involved in ground grappling, the ideas seem to be the same- When attacking, its good to take away available space and when defending its good to create space. Much easier said than done, but MMA in itself is a very hard test of ones skills.

the only instance of elbows to the temple causing a Knockout i remember is goodrige on herrera...and herrera was caught in a crucifix.

btw get..headgear..elbow pads..mma gloves and a mouthpice and go have fun.

Yeah, it's really a good idea to practice every aspect of a defensive MA, especially if it does happen to come down to a street fight.

You always have to train for reaction time and muscle memory. In Kung Fu class we do constant fakes, kicks and punches, aiming for what we would consider "head height".

One day my brother decides it's a good idea to smoke me in the arm a few times fairly hard (just for fun I guess), and I countered. Even though I swear I was aiming for his shoulder I smoked him right in the face.

It was really odd, and when I meantioned it to my Sifu he said that it was most likely due to the routine I'd been doing everyday - it became instinct to counter and to counter at that particular area.

Good training. ;)

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden

the only instance of elbows to the temple causing a Knockout i remember is goodrige on herrera...and herrera was caught in a crucifix.

Was that the big black guy in the black gi and the white guy(he lost...that was on ufc hits vol. 1

The right to keep and bear Arms.

Was that the big black guy in the black gi and the white guy(he lost...that was on ufc hits vol. 1

I believe so.