Andy1979

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks... I knew about Scott Mertz' video, but his version is still very different from any other..

Please look at this clip:

Shitoryu Anan

It is just the same as performed by Italian team... I'd like to know if the version you practise agrees with this one... in particular about the final sequence facing south (steps 58, 59, 59bis in Colaiacomo's above picture)...

in Ryuei ryu version , when you step from first shiko dachi to another shiko dachi facing west, there is circular hand motion like heft hand turns right hand and makes a joint lock then you side kick, in the pictures it looks like a double fist slow push down in shiko dachi but i am not familiar with this version so i am not sure what she is doing.

ok , i wached the video again it is the same as the pictures, and totaly different from Ryuei ryu version, i think you should stick to the shito ryu version since there are more practitioner that you learn from,specially in Italy which allways has a strong kata team. Ryuei ryu is a small organization, i couldn't find even one dojo in whole Texas.

Here is yet another version of Annan...

this is another quite different version, you may agree it's almost Ryuei Ryu version, but some positions are different (facing North and then South, at the beginning after Kake Uke, Shotei Uchi sequences, where Sakumoto used to have an uncommon feet position, in this clip Neko Ashi Dachi is performed)...

I saw this version performed by a girl from Croatia in an European competition...

I just wonder why there are so many different versions of this kata, everyone claiming to be the one...

There's another clip:

Anan kata performed by Javier Rodriguez

This is almost the same as Colaiacomo's one, more then the previous video, and claims to be Hayashi-ha shitoryu version...

I can just think i'd better practise this kata the way my local federation rules say... if I were looking for the original form i think there'd be no problem, just Sakumoto's kata is the one, thought he learned it from the founder of the style Nakaima...

woowmyspacebarisoknowohdamnit....