• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Australian Sensei Jason Armstrong

ShotokanKid

Sensei Jason Armstrong came to my dojo and I will get to train with him tomorrow! Anybody trained with him or know of him? I can't wait... I"ll tell you all how it goes.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It went great. He's really fast and teaches well. I got corrected the most but you know what? I learned the most.

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

That's awesome! Congrats! I'm sure it has added to your training in many ways!

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

It sounds like you got a lot out of it and kept a good attitude. Well done!

Our sensei tells us that we are too sensitive to criticism anyway.

----

Hmm. Hello. This is the floor. How did I get here?

I also went to his seminar about applying zen to life and work seminar today

It was very useful to my karate training and I learned alot from that too.

He didn't really define zen. He defined what it is not.

He showed us examples of using the mind. For example, he had us tighten our arms and think about not letting it move VS tightening your body and not thinking about it. The second one worked better. He taught us about Budo and taught us alot about mental mindset. It will probably be beneficial to my karate and schoolwork.

He also taught about living the now and not worrying about the later. He illustrated this by saying if you're fighting 5 guys, just worry about the one your fighting then.

He taught about using your opponent as your ally. For example, if a taller person grabs you, and you try to punch, you can't hit them. But if you for example hit them in the groin, they bend forward, and you can hit them in the face. He also showed if someone grabs and pulls on you, and you pull back, they'll pull harder and you can use that pull to swing yourself forward with a hit to the face.

HE said in 2 weeks, if not a few months.