• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

tkd street fighting

Cory, along similar lines:

what if someone is behind you, holding your arms?

what if you've got a broken arm?

what if they've got a knife, club, chair?

what if they're a boxer?

what if they're going for your legs to try and take you down?

what if you've got two broken arms?

what if you've dislocated a shoulder?

You can play what if all day, and it's nearly always absolutely useless.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you bon..i just talked to a mutal friend of ours raymond a couple of days ago..said alot of good things about you..thats ray who had the kickboxing school in brentwood.talk to you soon brother :grin:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Hi

I think TKD is my fave martial art,evan though i dont do it,i will be soon.Anyway,i think kicks are your most valuable weopon,its longer than the arm and almost as three times as powerful,i know how to break someones leg with a single kick.But,a man once said in my kung fu lesson that in a street fight the best thing to do is

RUN AWAY!!!..try to avoid fights as much as you can.

The best thing to do is fight another day.

:up:

When you put water into a cup,it becomes the cup.When you put water in a T-Pot,it becomes the T-Pot..be water my friend!!

Actually the best thing to do is run away again another day, I've never really understood the point of fighting against another day if you can simply run.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

TKD has its uses, i don't take it personally btu i integrate some of their great kicking techniques. I love to kick, I'm the best in my class(not to brag er anytin) One of my fellow karatekas in my class has a friend he figths with alot in TKD and he say i fight like him...but if he get past my leg, which doesn't happen often, i still got me hands. I've seen some tkd sparring and soemtimes they tend to not use their hands at all, and moreseo, have their hands down. Could someone, maybe a tkd stylist tell me what the deal with that is, i ain't dissin you er nottin.

"Live free.

Die well..."

taezee, Ray ? I don't know Ray or where Brentwood is.. Maybe you have me confused with someone else ?

El Guerrero Loco, lol. Dude, how many boxers do you see with their hands down and they use ONLY their hands ?

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

yes bon ..sorry I had you confused with another friend of mine on here..hey kick chick how are you..i fell like id be wasting my time by this point enlightening another one ever since ive been on here this same thread comes up over and over..the only people who know just how excellent of an art taekwondo is are those of us who practice it dilligently..its mostly a bunch of kids now on here anyway who dont know any better..but wanna talk as if they have sooo much experience..what are you gonna do??

Javier l Rosario

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

i would not call myself a serious taekwondo practitioner but from what i have lernt and from what i have seen in my opinion very little of taekwon do is useful in a street fight .

but i all cases if someone is an experiences world master or close to they would be very deadly in a street fight.

but i dont think that legs are as efective as taezee thinks

could i ask what style of taekwondo you practice and what patern/form/hyung you follow and who your master is

you seem very smart but if my experience has taught me anything its that generally taekwondo stylists espessially ones that use mainly kicks (e.g. most wtf sparing styles) dont get far in real fights

but please dont get me wrong i think kicks can be very effective i have just seen too many people lose fights because they tried to use their legs

yes hwa rang I am WTF..I am certified from the kukkiwon in korea as an instructor.. while we do follow the tae guek patterns..black belts are also required to know the older hyungs as well..chonji..tan gun..to san..won hyo..e.t.c..my master is Atef s Himaya..also under grandmasters moon sung lee and jae hwa kwan..you say from what you have seen kicks arent that effective?? what have you seen?? a couple of sparring matches?? see the reason im asking this is because alot of martial artist form thier opinion of taekwondo from watching some sparring sessions..some exhibition of the sport aspect..and of course I would agree then that this type of fighting would not be effective in a real confrintation..i prefer to say that instead of a "streetfight" because 9 times out of ten a confritation will occur someplace other then the street..but actual "fight training" is very different..its not a game of tag..which although the current olympic style fighting is called full contact its just a tag match with a little more contact..taekwondo is not embodied in these types of matches..its alot deeper then that..unfortunately with the current poularity and the opening up of many schools with non qualified instructors..the true form is becoming watered down..some dojangs only train for the sport and the use of real ..effective self defense ..is not thaught at all... this is were taekwondo suffers...just like anyother martial art..it really depends on the individuals training..i know that "without meaning to sound as if bragging"..I can kick very well and have very powerful kicks..and so do most of the students i train..thats because we still have traditional training..now if you go down a few blocks there is another dojang which has a 32 year old man who claims to be an eight dan.now even if he started training as an infant could he reach this rank at 32..and just imagine the quality of instruction in that school...this "master" sits in his office and has green and blue belts run the class while he i guess counts the money he gets from these kids parents..theres alot of schools like this.and not just taekwondo schools!!!dont want to go off on a tangent here..just making a point that..if you are trained properly..formally..traditionally..by a certified dojang..you will be very effective kicker..especially in a real confrintation..if you just do sport taekwon do..alot of dancing around..hands hanging al the way down to youre sides..trying to clinch..trying very fancy spinning kicks..then you will become a statistic.. and finaly on the note of martial art bashing..which on this particular forum seems to always have taekwondo as the target..its really silly and a waste of time.aks about the art..learn more about it from people who are knowledgeable..to just say"well those kicks dont work" is ignorant..so all of those taekwondoist around the world for thousands of years have it all wrong.and you know better??..learn dont judge and dont bash..of course we are here to express our opinions..however expressing your opinion and straight up talking alot of nothing and then trying to make it sound as if you are an athuority on the subject..its very shallow..and believe me people see right through all that..be productive learn from other styliststop the little kids play."my style is better then yours" it reminds me of two little kids in a playground shouting back and forth..my dad can beat your dad in a fight!!1..lets try to refrain from such futile verbal sparring..and again learn :smile:

Javier l Rosario