• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favorite Gi?

ShotokanKid

What's your favorite gi? My personal favorite is Toyo heavy weight, Yours?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I have a tigerstrike Heavyweight, I'm not sure how I like it, I love the heavyweight but not quite sure about the brand..it's about 2 weeks old and fraying already..ahh well..I'm going to be getting a newer one for my international tournament so when I get that I'll try a different brand and let ya know what I think of it.

I use the same for kata and sparring

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

I like my Tokaido Japanese-cut gi.

However, I also own a very nice Karate Kid "Kata Master" gi - daft name, but a good quality gi, which I keep especially for tournaments, gradings, special seminars, demos etc etc etc.

My every day dojo gi is a Blitz red label karate gi. It's also good enough to be used for grappling.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I have numerous gi's, but my favorite is about a 15 year old Century Heavyweight, black. It's faded but not frayed. I don't even have to put it on...I just snap my fingers and it leaps on me and puts itself on! :D

But for the summer months, I wear a lighter gi. That heavyweight is just to darn hot!

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I wish I had a favourite, but as a yellow belt, all I have is this light, white, cotton gi. I can't wait until I'm a brown belt to get that nice, heavy, black gi. *drool* :)

By the way, Shorinryu Sensei, where did you get the cute icon under your name?

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

I used to buy the Macho middle, but recently have changed to the Century middleweight contact pant with the Heavyweight top.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.