• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Need help with Shorin Ryu Shorinkan Kata

Chemical Burn

Would anyone who practices this style of karate be willing to write out a step by step description of kyozai kata developed by hokama sensei, wansu, and yakasoku kumite I.

This would really help my training.

I've searched throughout the internet and I can't find any sites with videos or descriptions.

Thank You for your help and time.

Victory is Nothing. The Fight is Everything.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This is pretty funny. I'm one of the few people here on these forums that do specifically Shorinkan Shorin Ryu, but I don't know the kyozai kata (or even who hokama sensei is). I know a version of wansu (but a Matsumura Shorin Ryu version). I can help you on yakusoku kumite 1. To clarify, you're studying the style with Hanshi Shugoro Nakazato as the head? It's the only Shorinkan Shorin Ryu I know of. And by the way, where are you located?

Anyway, I'll pm it to you once I get yakusoku kumite 1 written out.

Edit: Hokama Tetsuhiro from Goju Ryu? In that case, I definately don't know the kyozai kata.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

for kyozai kata PM "Master Jules" he is Goju ryu stylist, about wansu what version you looking for? since it is not a part of chibana lineage i think.

about yakusoku i should tell you Sensei Nakazato is a big fan of it. you gotta learn them the best you can, when we practice these kumites the next day most of the class can't move.

I'm going to try and find a scanner, as I actually have diagrams for the first five.

Nakazato is a big fan because he came up with them, I believe. (I'm pretty sure he did. If not, then Chibana).

P.A.L., did you end up hooking up with that Shorinkan instructor?

shorin ryuu, oh yah, he is one of the best i've ever met, he is mostly into white crane karate, i've started to adjust me shorin ryu katas to his way and also started Hohen Soken series of white crane katas. he is a student of Sensei lindsey but he got all his shorin ranks from Sensei Perry, he is a Godan in both systems. sensei Deborah Keller will stop teaching since the dojo is closeing down and Sensei Ray Keller,i guess you know about him allready.

hi, sorry i hadnt had a chance to reply.

I would be really gratefull if you did manage to get a diagram of the katas and the yakasoku kumite.

if not, then thank you for trying anyway.

Just lettin ya know im still interested.

Victory is Nothing. The Fight is Everything.

Sorry, still trying to get a scanner for the yakusoku kata. As I mentioned earlier, the kyozai kata are ones I do not know and I'm very confident the Wansu I know is different from the one you are learning.

That being said, the best way to learn the yakusoku are with a partner. Skeptic2004 can back me up in this, but it wasn't until relatively recently that I gained a huge appreciation for the Yakusoku kumite. We visited a Kyoshi 7th dan in our system (who much to our chargrin was located about 80 miles away from us and we didn't know it for 3 1/2 of the 4 years we were in Colorado) on a few occasions and he really showed us the depth of timing, application and distance that make it in my mind actually superior to free sparring if you train in it properly.