• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jason bourne fighting style

I watched The bourne identity the other day, and i was wondering what his style was because whatever it was i am interested in it.Matt Damon stars in it

Buy low, sell high, take your pills, tell your lies, fake your tan, wear a tie, go to the gym, you'll never die !!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For The Bourne Identity, Matt Damon trained in both kali and boxing. What you see is a movie-fu combination of the two.

Hengest

"A coward believes he will ever live

if he keep him safe from strife:

but old age leaves him not long in peace

though spears may spare his life." - Hávamál, Saying 16

Oh well i just asked you the same question in another forum.

Anyway, I paticularly liked the movies where he grabs the attakers arm and cracks it. I am gussing that isn't a part of boxing. When you typed Kali in your styles you put _ _ _ / Kali is that another name for kali or is it a different style?

Does Kali use any kicks or anything with your feet???

Buy low, sell high, take your pills, tell your lies, fake your tan, wear a tie, go to the gym, you'll never die !!!

JKD mean "jeet kune do", which is Bruce Lee's combat concept. It is a whole different thing to kali, but kali and JKD are often taught by the same instructor, hence the "/" in my styles list.

See my post on your other thread re kali's techniques. :)

Hengest

"A coward believes he will ever live

if he keep him safe from strife:

but old age leaves him not long in peace

though spears may spare his life." - Hávamál, Saying 16

Funny you should mention that movie as I just saw it. I've been trying to work out the move when the officer grabs him on the shoulder in the Embassy and he does something... I'm not sure what it is but it's some kind of a break. Is that the "arm crack you're talking about?"

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

yeh thats it. He sort of grabs him and cracks his arm. It looks really kool

Funny you should mention that movie as I just saw it. I've been trying to work out the move when the officer grabs him on the shoulder in the Embassy and he does something... I'm not sure what it is but it's some kind of a break. Is that the "arm crack you're talking about?"

That initial move where he grabs the officer's fingers and bends his arm upward is reminicient of American Kenpo's captured twig. But alas..it is movie-do as someone has put it :roll:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• 3 weeks later...
When i get bored I walk around breaking cops hands does that make me bourne? Behind you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol :lol:

Does anybody know that one fight scene with the guy in his apartment where he brings the guys arm behing his head? Is that supposed to be a break?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."