• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What martial art is good against one who knows martial arts

Wing Chun prepares one for basically any situation using its principles and concepts. Well this is at least true in my "school".

KungFuMan

Only time and commitment will make your Traditional "style" good and give you real knowledge.

"Marry" your chosen system as opposed to just flirting with it.

Make it your partner for life and you will see how well and how complete it really is.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't fear HIGHLY TRAINED martial artists because I always felt that anyone that is HIGHLY TRAINED will not start any trouble or physical confrontation.

If a martial artist is looking for trouble, he is normally a beginner or at most at an intermediate level.

Of course, there are always exceptions and being a beginner does not mean that he is not potentially dangerous.

If you MUST fight another martial artist, don't play their game, fight them in a style that they are not used to.

What works works

The fact that a highly trained martial artist won't start any trouble of any kind is totally remarkable .. any how you might have to fight against them in a K-1 like competition .. well there is no rules controlling that case cause it depends on what style you do and what style your opponent does , what if you have to fight against a grappler ?? of course a Kyokushin Karateka will act in a different way than a boxer ...

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

The fact that a highly trained martial artist won't start any trouble of any kind is totally remarkable

As I said, there are always exceptions

i never said there isn't , i said most of them won't start trouble , but that dosn't mean that they won't responde to a threat :karate:

so dont threat unless threatened

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB.

I was wondering. Ok a lot of us take martial arts for self defence. Well I am learning to always kind of disguise that I know something. Don't want the attacker to know anything, then bam, let him have it.

:lol: You need to get into San Soo man. Our art is about being stealthy, not tele-graphing, and being suddenly violent so that even if you come against a fighter that is more skilled than you, you don't give him the chance to be... :brow:

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

I allready posted this in an other occasion , but i will say again , san soo is a kung fu copy of muay tai who was developped when MT won over kung fu

• 1 month later...

There are no superior styles, there are only superior practitioners.

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

I train to be faster,stronger,and more skillful than my opponents.Yet I still get hurt from new guys at my dojo every now and then.

The life of a martial artist is like a circle,you win some and you lose some.

Even Mas Oyama lost to Rikidozan.