What martial art is good against one who knows martial arts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks A.......you musta just caught me on a good day when I remembered to take my pill. :wink: :brow: :) :D :P :lol: :o

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

More importantly, don't give away your fighting style before you fight. Learn to manipulate a persons balance mentally and physically. Be smarter than your attacker. Lure them in and finish it. Also, know when you've been out matched and hightail it out of there. Dumb people have nothing to lose, smart people do.

Remember that in a real situation it's about survival, not winning. Your pride means nothing in combat.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Thanks for everyone replies. I guess what was probably getting to me is that certain schools (well ones I been going to), only teach you what to do against certain fighters. Ok for instance, in Karate, we were doing blocking and punching drills, well it was against a karate punch. So I am not really learning what to do against a grappler or boxer (oh in defence of the school, I just started and I am at the bottom). Well I have taken Karate before and it always seemed like your learning how to fight another karate person.

Now in JKD, I am learning a lot of good street self defence, but have not really got into if some throws a real good kick, etc......

Now my skills are also rusty, so I really cannot test anyone in either school.

So I guess cross training is the deal, but with limited time, that becomes an issue.

I might look into some Ju Jitsu. There is a guy who teaches that but also incorporates boxing, might be a nice mix.

Thanks everyone again, and please any more thoughts are welcomed.

Jay Johnson

No offense intended here, but if you are going to ever become skilled enough to survive an encounter with someone who has combative skills, you will have to study one thing for a long time, rather than many things for a short time. You need to have a base skillset in order to branch out into other skills.

A tree with no trunk has no branches.

~A!

Smiling burns calories, and it toughens up your face.

http://mullaneycenter.com

......and a day without sun is like.......night ;-)......lol

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Nicely put Alevensalor.

There is more to fighting then just being able to grapple and strike. What do you fall back on when both of those things fail?

Learn how to attack the persons balance and it really doesn't matter what the style is.

Also remember, you may learn 1000's of moves but may only perfect 10-20 the only thing I have to say is if you feel comfortable with a certain technique then use it, if not throw it away. I have learned 1000's of techniques but I usually only use the basic moves from stand up to the ground, Good Luck.

The ground is my ocean, I am a shark and you can't swim.

The techniques won't work if you don't have the basics mastered. Throws and locks appear when you know them. Never try to force a technique. Techniques are only there to teach you specific movements so that you are familiar with them so that if they do appear you can take advantage of it. Your body will remember more than you will.