• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Another day to practice!

Sandhoppa

Woohooo! Our karate club on campus is getting an extra day to conduct practices in one of the gyms! This is great especially because I wanted to get back into the MA with full force so bad! Just thought I'd share...we now practice 4 times a week, is that too little?

The sand bringeth and the sand taketh away...

Disciple of Master Jules' Temple of Sand Dojo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you're not content with training 4 times a week, you can always train by yourself on your off days. I train every day with varying degrees of intensity. The way I see it, you should go to class to learn and discuss new things, do partner work and get corrections on what you do, not to put in the hours of repetition.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

...we now practice 4 times a week, is that too little?

Well.....there are 7 days in a week ya know....... ;-) :brow: :D :P

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

you can always train by yourself on your off days

I always tell my students to train at home on their off days. It doesn't have to be a lot. Even 15 minutes a day (off days) of practicing one technique will greatly improve your skills over just classroom training.

What works works

I always, always practice at home. It's actually how I aroused suspicion among one of my classmates when my Heian Nidan suddenly became so good.

*cough*consultedawebsite*cough* :D

I train 3 times a week for about 45 minutes. It's definitely not enough for me. As soon as it's summertime and I have more free time, I'm going 4 times a week.

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

I train twice a week, for about 2 1/2 hours. Sometimes a third day for about 3 hrs, but that's pretty rare. And I practice on my own in the church while I'm waiting for things to get started. Omitting the kiais, of course....might scare the old folks...

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

I think that the suitable amount of class time varies from person to person. Free time , commitment , class availability and may other out side factors may effect the time you have. The key is to make the most of the time you do have in class . Home training is great , so is cross training . It just depends on what you want out of your training. The more effort in the better results out!

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

Woohooo! Our karate club on campus is getting an extra day to conduct practices in one of the gyms! This is great especially because I wanted to get back into the MA with full force so bad! Just thought I'd share...we now practice 4 times a week, is that too little?

Glad to hear you can practice more often! Don't worry about only being able to go 4 times a week - if you practice a little at home every day then you'll improve much faster than if you only train in the dojo. Good luck with your training! :karate:

I train in karate 4 times a week, teach once or twice a week (alternate weeks Saturday class!) and train at home when I'm not in the dojo. I also try and find time to fit in some kobudo training as well as Wing Chun and Tai Chi Chu'an practice as well. :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!