• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you do for a living?

Ben Martin

Hello...I am new to the group. I have been practicing Okinawan Goju Ryu for the past 13 years in New York. My teacher was Frank Derafelle and is now Chris Graham. I am presently a 2nd degree black belt. I hope I am able to add to the discussion...As well as learn from the group....

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a communications engineer and I setup all communications, Voice and data services onboard Oil platforms, barges, and seismic vessels. :D

What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others. - Confucius

I am a Local Government Officer. I am also a part-time Assistant Karate Instructor. On top of that I do free-lance web design (usually for favours and goods rather than cash).

*Phew*, it's no wonder I am constantly tired!

Angela

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

Openmindeddo.........I started my Goju training in the Shobukan back in 1990. I live in New Rochelle. I used to own the Bushidokan dojo. I left the Shobukan with my best friend who was Frank DeRaffelle's top student back in the early 90's. BTW.....my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Dan came from Master Glenard Grabow, student and close friend of Masanobu Shinjo and Seikichi Toguchi since 1960.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Hello....

I guess it's a very small world. How did you find your training at the Shobukan (under Sensei Deraffelle) ? How long did you train there / what rank did you attain ? If you don't mind, I would definitely be interested in finding out what the training was like back in 1990...I started my training at the end of 1992.

I work with children who have Special Educational Needs, usually either behaviour/social problems or learning difficulties.

I'm also a part-time university student, doing a degree in English Studies and Performing Arts. I also teach part time at my karate club, as well as training regularly in 4 MA's.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Hey Aefibird.....my mom was a special ed teacher for 40 years.....you got a tough job there girl.....but good for you.....being a teacher is a very noble job.....good luck to you ! :-)

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"