• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ways to help balance when not training???

G95champ

I don't know if its where Im older or just pay attention to it now but my balance sucks anymore. Never was my strong suit but its bad now lol. If I have a target its ok but just doing combos in place Im all over the place. Im chalking this up to lack of focus for now but in the meantime does anyone have any balance drills they do outside of class.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close your eyes and stand on one foot.

This helps your balance due to your brain having to rely on your balance sensors in your middle ear and not your vision to determine up from down.

I have heard that it is good to do this in the shower. I forget why. Any way I just do it in the lounge room, near to things that I can grab when I start to fall.

LOL Ive done that but never in the shower lol with the way Im look right now that could be the end of me. Thanks....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Go to the ocean and try to withstand the large waves, maybe even try one foot. Or you could stand on a stump on one foot. If it worked for Ralph Macchio, it should work for you.

"Please do not drop your partner like a sack of potatoes. If anything, throw them hard with control." - my instructor

"Your karate is still useless." - my brother as he picks himself up off the floor

Close your eyes and stand on one foot.

This helps your balance due to your brain having to rely on your balance sensors in your middle ear and not your vision to determine up from down.

I have heard that it is good to do this in the shower. I forget why. Any way I just do it in the lounge room, near to things that I can grab when I start to fall.

Maybe the shower would be good because of the sounds of water would make it even more difficult with your eyes closed

The sand bringeth and the sand taketh away...

Disciple of Master Jules' Temple of Sand Dojo

every time you go to put your shoes and socks on, do it standing on one leg, putting the sock/shoe onto the suspended leg,

jog up-down dirt trails if possible,

use plum-flower-dummy,

skipping/jump rope,

plum-flower-dummy.= ask if youd like instructions on how to make a simple, yet thoroughly effective one for your backyard.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

Go to the ocean and try to withstand the large waves, maybe even try one foot. Or you could stand on a stump on one foot. If it worked for Ralph Macchio, it should work for you.

You could also do this with your eyes closed. I bet that would work pretty well.

Hard to go to the ocean in west virginia but the shoe thing is a good idea.

I don't wanna die and they find me naked in the shower they will think about any creazy think for cause of death but the balance practice.

it's safer to go to the center of a soccer field and pluge your ears while your eyes are close.

every morning do a mae geri and a yoko geri when you get up.

do every kick very slowly: standing on one leg, bring your knee up, then extend the leg and stay still for 3 seconds, then put your leg back down.

do 5-10 reps for each leg and each kick. i love to do it because you not only practice balance but also a lot of technique too. after a week or two i got very neat kicks.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle