• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Paranormal

GhostlySykanRyu

myself, I honestly dont believe in ghosts...and I want to say I dont believe in aliens either but like the ppl say-how probable is it that WE are the only intelligent life in the universe...

I DO believe in esp though, ya know psychics/clairvoyance that sort of thing

some things I want to believe in are the loch ness monster and bigfoot-seriously thought if the loch ness monsta was real it would be awesome

man...dont read this forum at night...

*Gi-Yu-Jin-Rei-Makoto-Meiyo-Chugi*

"Life in every breath..."

"That is...Bushido."

"Hai."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the effectiveness of the holy water in most cases...rarely is a spirit "evil", and they likely have wills of their own. If anything this might just offend the spirit. Mischevious does not necessarily mean evil...and if there IS an evil presence, you need professional help, not holy water.

I'd say that most of the methods on that page are from old folk tales (except for actually talking to the spirit).

"Sand, rice, split peas, etc.

Randomly toss rice, split peas, sand, salt (but not sugar as it leaves a sticky residue), coffee beans or grounds, or anything small and granular, on your kitchen floor when you go to bed at night (if that's when the ghosts are most bothersome).

The ghosts will pause to count the grains of whatever-it-is. They aren't very good at counting, so they have to start over again, repeatedly, or they forget the numbers. "

LOL, this is an old folk remedy to keep VAMPIRES at bay, not ghosts.

"Avoid charlatans who carry a Bible or a dowsing wand, and claim to be "ghost busters" for a hefty donation. And watch out for the crazies in this field anyway. "

Given those "remedies", I find this ironic :roll:

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

• 1 month later...

Dug up this old one! Got a question for you GhostlySykanRyu...

How do you get into the paranormal investigation field? I am from your state, so I was hoping you knew of a group near me. (Northwestern PA, Erie specifically) I want to do it as a hobby, not professionally, if there are people that even do that. I have been interested in ghost hunting since I was very little.

36 styles of danger

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, didn't see your post. Well, did you get my reply to your PM? That should answer it.

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

Ive always found it interesting (academically) the explanations people come up with for things they cant explain within the normal realms of understanding...

Whats the weirdest belief / explanation you've heard (not to try and hijack the thread - just if you are experienced with the paranormal).

I couldn't really say. We all have our own beliefs about these things. When it comes to the paranormal, very little is fully proven. Therefore it would be hypocritical of me to say that someone else's idea is ridiculous.

I have alot of interest in the paranormal. Our house even has a sprit in it. We've had many spititulists around to try and get rid of the sprit, but it still plays tricks on us. It likes to move things around...

• 4 months later...

im convinced my appt has an EVIL spirit in it or maybee even a demon. had some pretty scary dreams surrounding it.

also my family has a history of ghosts and spirits. and where i am from(WV) is i think 85% or so haunted. theres even a book on it. "Tale tales from the lilac bush" is what it is called i do beleive.

have any of u ever actually gone own a ghost hunt or tour. in my state there is a place far own the west side called Franklin castle. and pretty much every holloween they have tons of people go own ghost hunts there, even thogh there is a HUGE lists of people being attacked, i once heard that a man whent into there and woke up 3 weeks later in a coma so has anyone ever done it or wanted to do it.