• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is Muay Thai that dominant?

I did a lil search on google and i found the following website claiming muay thai boxers are the real deal. http://www.arach.net.au/~burnie/muay.html

More, i remember joe lewis saying the best fighters are muay thai boxers and kick boxers.

Is Muay thai that much dominant? if so, why is that?

I just want to hear (possibly) unbiased opinions.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muay Thai has it's strong points with kicks, clinches and knees

However, amateurs and most THai Fighters usually reach out for their

The fighters who improve the boxing aspect are almost unbeatable

For example, Masato of K-1 Max, who trains both Muay Thai and Boxing

I'll be training Muay Thai and Boxing this fall, and I am going to concentrate on Boxing before I do Muay Thai.

THE MASTER OF THE WORLD'S FINEST!!

SOUL SONIC STYLE!!

I don't do muay thai, but I presume it's extremely capable of being dominant in a street fight, from what I've seen of muay thai fighters, they are extremely tough, the training is almost unbeatable, and they use every part of their bodies to help them win, knees, elbows, fists, feet...everything.

muay thai fighters like to think their style is unbeatable. That is not in the least bit true tho. Their training methods are very rigorous, which is what makes many great fighters, the style itself is also good, but so are many other styles. In the new age, people tend to like styles win which you can be proficient very quickly (ie. muay thai) so thats why its so popular. But almost none of the greatest fighters in history have been from muay thai... Its just really popular these days. The man makes the fighter, not the style. Always rtemembert hat.

This is the program for Phuket Camp

Advanced Training Program (Pre Fight Training for Thai Fighters)

Morning Training (Average duration 2.5 hrs)

10 minutes of stretching and light weight training to wake up the body.

30 minute run over (aprox 10 km distance)

15 Minutes of shadow boxing

30 minutes strength-building using free weights and gym equipment.

30 minutes of Bag work and /or Skipping

15 minutes of Stretching to warm down the body

(Eat and have a mid day Sleep)

Afternoon Training (Average duration 3 hours)

1. Warm -up: 20 minutes of strength-building free weights and gym equipment, 20 minutes Skipping

2.Bag Work: 5 x 3 minute rounds of Punches, Elbows , Kicks & Knees

3.In The Ring: 5 x 3 minute rounds of Technique, 4 x 3 minute rounds of Sparring (both sessions with Instructor)

4.Endurance: 30 - 40 minutes of strength -building using free weights and gym equipment.

200 Sit-ups and / or more Skipping

60 minute run over a 12km distance, this will be combined with 200m sprints uphill, about 7-10 sprints

THE MASTER OF THE WORLD'S FINEST!!

SOUL SONIC STYLE!!

^^^the key there is crosstrain. I never said muay thai didnt have insanely strong kicks (so do some other styles tho), aswell as clinches knees and elbows (which is where they really shine). But they do have weaknesses (justl ike any other style), they have no grappling, and their punching isnt too impressive either. Another fact is that like i said earlier, Muay Thai is just extremely popular today, that adds alot to the erason why many train in it. They see a good fighter using it, they train it. Its very popular at the moment. But to say that all the best fighters crosstrain in it is also not true. Filho is a good example, he's a monster with insane endurance, and he doesnt crosstrain in muay thai. Im sure there are others i just cant think clear at the moment.