• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thrust kick

kzshin

Most techniques directly to the largest part of the gut are ineffective. The belly is just not that vulnerable to bludgeoning trauma. As earlier said, go a little lower, just below the waist and above the groin, or go higher to the solar plexus.

Remember that any strike reaches it highest velocity at about 90% extension. As others have said, if you're too close, then the point of impact will not be the fastest movement of your strike. Your opponents body will then act as resistance, slowing your strike even more, and keeping you from reaching your damage potential.

Jarrett Meyer

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

-- Albert Einstein

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I remember back in the mid-80's we were playing a "last man standing" type sparring game...a 'no friends' mélee, when I finished the guy in front of me and looked around to see who was left and there was only Sensei and suddenly his knee was up by his chin and his foot was pointing right at me.

I started to backpedal to get away from it and he hopped forward on his standing foot and thrust kicked my chest . I flew back faster and hit the wall over a place which was just sheetrock over an old elevator shaft so there were no studs in that section and I broke the wall with my shoulder and hip.

Pretty funny!

To quote Homer Simpson: "Hit 'em anywhere that's soft and run like hell!"

Um... you may not want to heed that advice, actually. Technique is extremely important, let's not forget. :D :lol:

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

• 3 months later...
u mean thrust kick him while he moving back??

When you catch someone moving backwards with a solid kick or punch their momentum can be amplified by your kick. They back up real quick - way faster than they meant to back up.

If you do know how to employ this kick to do real damage then the size of the opponent does not matter ! If your distance and timing is correct and your target area is picked accoardingly then you have no problem against bigger guys. :)
While there might be something to that "in theory", the fact is that it's not hard to find a situation where it's too iffy to bother. Maybe it's possible to trip a bus. I'm not going to let someone think it's viable.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia